Faslodex User Reviews

Faslodex - User Reviews

Faslodex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Faslodex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: debbebelle, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 13

Took femarra for 2-3 yrs then cancer came back in my colon had resection have been taking faslodex for 2 yrs now.Started on one dose monthly,about this last yr they incresed it to 2 doses.My Dr. informed me that they were doing that to everyone on faslodex. I have had headaches,joint aches,nausea,diarea,kinda like having the flu.Small price to pay as long as it keeps the cancer at bay.This last yr,my tumer markers have been elevated so I have a PET scan every 3mos. my blood is loaded with the nasty little cancer cells they haven't landed yet!!!july2011 dx'd in march 2005

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: kcreek1, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 04

i had my second shot and the only side effect i have had is nausea for a week after for a few hours each day.

Comment from: spkezzy, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 02

Diagnosed with estrogen-positive breast cancer in 2005. Had a double mastectomy, chemo, and radiation after surgery. Took Arimidex to remove estrogen from my system. Was cancer free for four years before it reoccured with small spots in my liver and sternum. Again I had chemo and my anti-estrogen treatment was changed from Arimidex to Faslodex. Few side-effects for me although I may be attributing bone aches and feet problems to aging rather than the meds. Yes, the Faslodex shots are a "pain." Yes, the nurse can help by gently warming the shots to almost human temp. BUT the painful knots that sometimes occur along with feeling bruised in the back hip area are still often there. Try this: At any store that carries pads that heat up when exposed to air (ThermaCare or Tylenol Precision) and put them onto the shot area IMMEDIATELY after the shot. Yes, take them with you to the office when you get your shots. Replace as needed for 24 to 36 hours and you'll find the shots and the aftereffects much more comfortable. Stay positive and stay well. Let's all survive and laugh in cancer's face!

Related Reading: liver | Tylenol

Comment from: pbstice, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 18

Orig diagnosis of bc 2007. After lumpectomy etc, unable to tolerate aromatase inhibitors, but for 4 yrs all was well. Then May 2011 I developed a massive pleural effusion and pneumonia, which put me in the hospital. After several rounds of testing and draining fluid, finally found this to be the result of metastatic bc - microscopic cells in the pleural lining - so far as we know. After much reading and research, I began faslodex in October 2011 - the results were virtually immediate. The fluid around my lungs is nearly gone now, I can breathe again, tumor marker #s are down to below normal. Yes, there is an odd skin sensation/sensitivity/pain in one hip/leg, but otherwise feel SOOO much better now. I am wildly pleased with this treatment. I am snowshoeing again at 10,000 ft altitude. My family and I are VERY pleased at how well I can tolerate this treatment.

Related Reading: pleural effusion | pneumonia

Comment from: Tess, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 18

After 8 months on Faslodex my CA153 marker has begun to edge up again. My doctor and I are going to discuss a clinical trial. Some of the injections have hurt more than others. I bruise easily, my legs are now very sore (at 8 months) in the calf and thigh area. I have some trouble walking, and I think one foot is swollen. I see my doctor tomorrow. Time for something else.

Comment from: faslodex, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 17

Every other month I take the medication it seems to sit under the skin and causes a hard ridge at the injection sight.it itches really bad and seems to effect the entire buttock area.Other then this it seems to be working..I only hope that the medication is working thoses months...

Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.