Felbatol User Reviews

Felbatol - User Reviews

Felbatol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Felbatol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kathleen, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 08

I have tried all of the epilepsy drugs, this was a last resort. Since I started taken it I have not had any grand mal seizures. I have had only a few episodes in which I feel as if I may be starting one, but nothing has come of them.

Published: December 12

this medication causes severe insomnia. i cannot sleep and i have to take ativan, sometimes high doses. it is not fun, but the kicker is it really works.

Related Reading: insomnia | sleep | ativan

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 02

I have been on this drug for 20 years with no problems or side effects. I tried some others but they made me feel like I was in a fog. I wish more MD's knew about it and were comfortable with it. I have been in pharma for over 27 years and understand how drugs work and SE. This should be prescribed more often..at least give people an option. I am not staying it's for everyone but it sure works for me.

Comment from: Penny, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 11

Be very careful when you begin this drug. If you begin feeling sick w/ a fever & a rash w/in a few days to week of beginning this drug, see a doctor immediatrely, & be SURE you tell them that you've just begun this rx. It can cause Stevens Johnson Syndrome, whose rash has to be treated like burns, has caused some of my few eye lashes that still grow to grow in towards my eyes, creating the need for many ccrnea transplants, & many other permanent, nasty effects!!! If not caught soon enough, it'll kill you. Unless you bring up your new usage of this medication, the physician may not diagnose you in time.

Related Reading: fever | rash | burns

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 06

OMG! I have no appetite, headache, cramps, and very bad ??diarreaha??--but no seizures. Go figure. I have been taking it for 3 weeks now and it helps the seizures, but the side effects are getting to the point of almost making me give up on it. I am extremely uncomfortable.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 10

I was very wary of this medication because I was told about the serious side effects such as liver & kidney failure, severe bruising, and aplastic anemia. I gave it a shot and paired it with 300 mgs Lamictal & 500 mg Depakote. I am 20 and am finally able to drive. That is how well I have responded to this drug. I HIGHLY recommend it to any Epileptic who's at the end of their proverbial rope with medication options. The was a study done in London with Felbatol & Lamictal users and it proved more times than not to be a successful pair. I stay on a low dose of Depakote ER to supplement the pair. Just Lamictal & Felbatol isn't enough. My dosage is 2400 mgs of Felbatol, 300 mgs of Lamictal, and 500 mgs of Divalproex ER (generic of Depakote). Ladies, if you are on seizure meds for Epilepsy, DO NOT FOOL YOURSELF - pregnancy is NOT an option on these types of serious anti-convulsants!! I had to have a partial hysterectomy to stop my hormone fluctuation and extreme bleeding. Hormone fluctuation can cause seizures, no matter if you're taking Felbatol or not. With all this having been said, take your felbatol AFTER you have eaten and drank something such as milk or orange juice. Stay away from Grapefruit juices and Grapefruit in general. If you miss a dose of your medicine, do not double dose on your next dose you're supposed to take. It will have an adverse reaction and get you very ill and cause seizures, or so I have experienced.overall though I would have to give this drug two thumbs up!

Related Reading: liver | kidney failure | anemia

Comment from: texasmom072000, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 01

Why in the world do I whount to take a med. that could couse you to have a blood transfusions,a bone marrew transplant. Annd no telling what eles????? And shouldnt the dr. tell you about the sied side effects. not just. Well it may cause loss of appetite, headache, and so on. And nothing about the sereus stuff????????? I lived with an ear ache for over a yr. and a half. Whent to 3 dr.s and thay told me there was nothing wroung with it . I looked up felbatoland its one of the sied effects. The dr. that gave it to me even told me it was nothing. My family dr. finly took me off of felbatol. And my ear ache whent a way. Now isunt that funny???

Related Reading: felbatol

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.