Felbatol User Reviews

Felbatol - User Reviews

Felbatol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Felbatol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Excellant, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 20

This medication has really did the trick. I was taking keppra and still had seizures. Since adding felbatol to keppra I have been seizure free.

Related Reading: keppra | seizure

Comment from: ADAX, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 05

I have been taking Felbatol for the last two years, it's the ONLY drug that works for me. Monthly blood tests are required to check for aplastic anemia but that is the only inconvenience. Losing your appetite isn't so bad, at least you lose weight!. It is the ONE drug that works for me!

Comment from: SANDY, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 15

i'm allergic to most given seizure med. felbatol has been a wonder drug for me. i don't like the blood test I HAVE TO GET EVERY MONTH BUT HEY THIS IS THE MED THAT HAS WORKED THE BEST FOR ME.

Comment from: 7-12 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 30

My daughter has had seizures her entire life. We have used almost every medication combo there is. She has absence seizures; she seemed to be having one every time I looked at her. Than we found a Dr. who knew what to do. I will be forever grateful to him. Our daughter still had seizures but they are just a handful a day. She can learn, play and has a great outlook on life. She is on Lamictal, keppra and felbatol. I am so thankful for this medication. She has gotten use to the blood tests.

Related Reading: Lamictal

Comment from: dmbutl01, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 18

i when there was no other drug to try I was placed in the PhaseIII Investigational Study of Felbamate. I have been 100% seizure-free since it has been almost 20 years now. A new doctor now wants me to try one of the newer drugs, Keppra, I am very reluctant. Felbatol has changed my life and I want to stay with what I know works!

Comment from: CA girl in CT, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 01

This was my last resort to controlling a 10 year battel with partial and grand mal seizures. I have tried EVERY other medication on the market, both individually and as part of a cocktail. I started taking this med a year ago (paired with the highest doseage of both Keppra and Topamax) and I have not had a seizure since. I have now weened off the Topamax, which made me moody and caused problems with word-finding. I am VERY happy with this med and wished more doctors would take the "risk" of prescribing it to epilepsy patients. With careful and diligent screening, the high risk is a mute point.

Related Reading: Topamax

Comment from: jace, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 21

I have petite grand mal seizures. Really hard to control because there so unpredictable. I've been on every type of med's out there and Felbatol is the best by far. It's the only one that has actually done something about controlling these seizures while not leaving me in a state of sleepiness, while keeping me in a decent state of mind. Loss of weight is a plus. I've been on it for 16+yrs. Definately say the benifits out ranks any risk involved (for me).

Comment from: wms, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 24

It is the best med I've ever taken, but the side effects are TOO much! I've taken every med available & none worked as good, but I'm giving up. I've had no appetite, EXTREMELY dry eyes & skin,causing it to itch like crazy! My eyelashes also turn the wrong way, I'm constantly curling them. My Dr. also didn't tell me of any of the side effects, also NEVER tested my blood. I have trouble sleeping(fatigue), I'm angry & irritable, depressed from being so sick. My stomach has stopped digesting food properly(now I have to eat special food). I don't recommend it. Seeing all those "extra" Drs. for all the side effects has cost me TOO much money!!

Related Reading: dry eyes | fatigue

Comment from: Black Diamonds, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 07

The worst drug ever insomuch the Neurologist quickly took me off of it as soon as tirades of side effects began to show up; didn't even last 2 week on it and plus increased seizures as a result of it? Geesh - I would rather go to a Haunted House than to ever touch this drug again!

Comment from: Samdra, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: November 28

severe lost of appitite , insombia, moody, aggivation and angry a lot.

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.