Feldene User Reviews

Feldene - User Reviews

Feldene User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Feldene sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: penelope, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 11

I have arthritis in my hands especially. While on this med. the pain was very much relieved. I took the med for one month and it worked well, but then my stomach begin to burn about 30 to 45 minutes after I had taken it also experienced nausea. Now that I have been off a couple days, the pain is returning. I guess I had forgotten how bad they could hurt.

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: pearlofgreatprice, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 02

I have used Feldene for almost 17 years for ankle arthritis pain. Now I have developed microscopic colitis as a result of it and will have to switch meds. This drug has been the most effective for pain and inflammation for me and I'm sorry I have to go off of it!

Related Reading: Feldene | microscopic colitis

Comment from: Candee, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 26

I've taken the generic, Piroxicam, for about 7 years for arthritis in my hands and feet. It is a miracle drug for me. It is unavailable from the mfg for about 2 months, and I'm taking mobic, which is nowhere nearly as effective. I can't function without feldene and wonder how I can ever quit taking it.

Related Reading: mobic

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 28

This medication is quite effective for me for about 12 - 18 hours in a 24 hour period. It loses its effectiveness after 18 hours.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 13

I have used this medication on an as needed basis for 4 years and it does very well for my back and joint pain, but I have experienced stomach problems with it, usually after about 4 days of use.

Comment from: Army Guy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 24

I am in the US Army, I began having knee pain, the P.A gave me Motrin as this is the 1st step in pain management for the Army. The Motrin did not seem to work for my knee, I was switched to Piroxicam and have had muck better results and more effective pain management.

Related Reading: knee pain | pain management

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 13

I had to stop taking the medication although it helped tremendously with the arthritic pain in my knees. It also caused extreme itching in my body that I just could tolerate.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 11

This is the only medication that I have found to give me good pain relief, Now I am not able to obtain it (pulled from the market). Over the years I have tried several others and they irritate my stomach and do not provide the same level of pain relief. I would like to see this back on the market.

Comment from: Rick, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

I will need hip surgery in a few months- feldene has DRAMATICALLY reduced the pain - a wonder drug for me

Comment from: Valamarcat, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 25

Wonderful that the pain is lessened, sometimes gone. Can bother the stomach, then I take it every other day for a week. Have had extreme itching though, barely tolerable.

Comment from: dwyman, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 15

it 's been ok, can tell when I'm not taking it.

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options