Femara User Reviews

Femara - User Reviews

Femara User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Femara sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Cat, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 24

I have arthritis, bone pain, joint pain,hot flashes, night sweats, can't sleep,blurred vision, inflamed eyes, never feel good, always tried, I worry I will end up in wheel chair, This has be be one of the worst drugs I've ever taken, to stop cancer they kill the rest of you, what kind of life do I really have? And still this cancer can come still come back, what the Hell, maybe better off taking my chances without this drug. My menory is going and what else do we have?

Related Reading: arthritis | hot flashes | night sweats

Comment from: lipawa, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 11

Coming into my 2nd year taking this very expensive drug, I now pay $347.00 a month. I have joint pain, muscle pain, lack of libido, vaginal dryness, very tired, hands hurt and feel numb sometimes, memory a little off....I wonder what else is going wrong on the inside. Just had my 6 month breast check...good. I play tennis 3 times a week to get the endorphins to my brain. After several years of insomnia I've discovered wearing a mask to shut out all light, helps keep me a sleep. I use a vaginal moisturizer to relieve the dryness and fake it with my husband to get myself into the mood...most of the time it works. My husband has been wonderful and has stood by me....sometimes a very grumpy girl!!! He deserves whatever it takes from me to make him happy. Hot baths help the joint and limb pain. Oh, also lavender soaks help with sleep. I really can't get over how great that mask helps with sleep... my college daughter turned me on to it...I think they're very popular at the dorms!!! I would love to be brave and go off the drug...to be without pain would be wonderful...so every once in a while when I just can't take it any more....I take a pain killer...get my senses back...and move on. If taking the drug will help our sisters down the road...we need to think of them....when we just don't feel like we can do it any longer....just think of the women before us...hell, 20 years ago..they wouldn't have been able to complain...they, would have had to say goodbye to their husbands. Good luck to us all.

Related Reading: muscle pain | vaginal dryness | breast

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 30

I can't really judge its effectivness since after two months of it I had to discontinue it. The side effects were horrible! My mind was fuzzy and I was exhausted from lack of sleep. Between the night sweats and waking up every 1-2 hours with severe hip pain what sleep I got was fitful at best. I immediately gained weight had joint and muscle pain that nothing could ease. Hot and cold flashes were plaguing me day and night as if my internal thermostat was bad. The list of side effects is quite long so I will give you the abridged version. To name a few: breast pain, headache, backache, blurry vision, shortness of breath, nausea, stomach pains, etc. The final straw was when I got up from bed, about two steps toward the bathroom, I went blind. It was like someone flipped a switch! There was no lightheadedness, just no vision! After a few seconds and lots of blinking my vision returned. My MD says that the Femara probably caused my blood pressure to fall very low while I was asleep, causing the blindness. If it dropped that low, I would think I am lucky not to have had a heart attack or stroke. I give up. I now intend to try through diet and exercise to keep the cancer at bay. Make sure you are monitored very closely when taking this medication!!! I can't stress that enough. Arimadex was just as awful for me and I had to quit that one, too. I have been on these drugs since around April of this year, but no more!!!!

Related Reading: sleep | headache | Femara

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 22

Absolutely no side effects for the first 2-3 months which delighted me as I had read about horrible side effects. Then--suddenly I was having bone pain in legs (felt like someone took a 2x4 and whacked me across the leg bones)--joint pain in shoulders, knees, ankles, feet, and fingers. Also--hair thinning badly--and gained 15 pounds in about 2 months. Cholesterol has remained ok--too early to tell about bone loss. While I am 65 years old, I move like my Mom did when she was in her 80s--difficult to stand up after sitting for more than 20 minutes--and it takes forever to get everything moving once I do get up. Insomnia is my constant companion these days--along with depression. HOWEVER--I had my 6 month checkup and was cancer-free. Guess it's kind of a crap shoot--don't take it and take a chance on cancer returning--or take it and put up with the side effects. Good luck to all of us who struggle with this.

Related Reading: Cholesterol | Insomnia | depression

Comment from: youngslyone, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 30

I have taken this drug for 3 years. I have lost 20 pounds in the past 6 months and I am still the young 44 year old that I should be. I have hot flashes, some insomnia and get muscle cramps in my lower legs and feet, but they are not major problems. As for sleep, I just wear myself out (working or shopping) and then I can get a good nights sleep.

Related Reading: muscle cramps

Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.