Femara User Reviews

Femara - User Reviews

Femara User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Femara sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Happy, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 04

So far after lumpectomy and no lymph node involvement I have taken had only radiation and been on Femara for almost two years and have had few side effects that I can't live with. I feel great on a general basis and live a full and happy life despite vaginal dryness, brain fuzziness, slight joint pain and daily thoughts of having cancer. Opted for the genetic testing at MD Anderson and fell directly in the midline so made the choice to gamble and am so far winning. I truly believe positive thinking and carrying on with doing those things you truly enjoy(I've not given up anything I previously enjoyed) have a great impact on survival. God is in charge here, and with a supportive loving husband who tries his best to make me happy I'm willing to gamble on being around until it's my time. I'd rather live a fulfilling life now than grow old and depend on my son to be my caregiver as I have experienced with both my deceased parents. Every day is a new one in which to enjoy and spend living and loving those things and people you truly enjoy--so be it if I'm not around to wither away and lose my faculties! Life is too precious to worry about what could happen....enjoy what it is and love your family, friends, and pets(my dog is my joy)--who, by the way, definitely makes life much more fulfilling and enjoyable as well as giving me great pleasure. My Dad always told me "you gotta have someone to love, something to do, and something to look forward to" to be truly happy. He was right. Find those things and it makes you and those around you much easier to live with. If I pass tomorrow I will have truly lived a life full of smelling the roses and having a drink or two when I wish. And I will be ready to go with no regrets.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: Coryell, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 30

Bone loss, elevated cholesterol, joint pain and lower back pain, fatigue, insomnia, night sweats and weight gain. Mobility that of someone much older. One year and it is working so far. Quality of life definitely affected, however.

Related Reading: lower back pain | fatigue

Comment from: Kay, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 10

After 3 months on Femara, I started having joint pain in the knees, feet, and fingers. Also fatigue and muscle weakness. Feel like I have aged 10 years.

Comment from: Patricia, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 11

Have been on Femara for 5 years No other drugs previously, just radiation following a lumpectomy. Have joint pain but still in remission. Started hair loss when I first began Femara. Hair became very brittle and broke off and/or fell out. Thought I too would be bald. Solution for me was to switch shampoos and conditioners. Went to the very creamy (almost greasy) formulas and it solved my hair problems. My hair is in great shape now. Possible that the Femara was more of a drying agent for my hair. People might want to try switching to the thick, creamy shampoos and conditioners and see what happens. I have a rather wide selection of products that I rotate thru. Keeps the "build up" down to a roar. This worked for me and hopefully will for others

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: Linda, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 06

I was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer in spring of '06 and began taking femara in the fall of that year. I have experienced the joint/bone/muscle pain the other posts refer to; however, my review will be mostly positive. I deal with the joint pain by taking OsteoBiflex twice a day and exercising with walking/swimming/weights and it helps a great deal. I also take aroniaberries which can be found at www.superberries.com and they are wonderful. You should read the testimonials from this outstanding fruit. I am also dealing with having to pay over $300 a month for this drug having entered that "gap" where no assistance is available. My checkups have been wonderful. I feel great. Meditation helps me too. I just keep going!

Comment from: Lee, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 12

I had stage I breast cancer. Had a lumpectomy. Completed 4 chemo sessions and 6 weeks of radiation. Started femara after chemo. Felt fine for a few months then developed blood clots in leg and 6 cent. clot in breast. I now have terrible leg and feet pain, can't sleep have to take warfarin for clots. Some vision problems. I am starting to think this is all caused by femara. Since dr.s feel like they removed all the cancer (none in lymph nodes). Do I really need to take femara. Seems like overkill.

Related Reading: blood clots

Comment from: Whoknew, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 31

I have experienced severe bone and muscle pain to the point that I find it difficult to walk up and down stairs. Vaginal dryness and itching, some discharge, hands hurt and feel numb sometimes. I am 57 years old and feel like a hundred. I normally work-out, treadmill and weight training. I do feel better when I work out and take a few NSAIDs but I don't want to take those everyday for the next 5 years. I was on Arimidex first and that cause bone pain too but I think Femara has been worse. Both cause hot flashes which I can live with. Doctor put me on Tamoxifen today to see how it works. If things don't get better, I think I am going to go off mediation and take my chances. My quality of life is just as important as quantity. I feel like such an old woman. Good luck ladies

Related Reading: itching | NSAIDs | Arimidex

Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.