Femara User Reviews

Femara - User Reviews

Femara User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Femara sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Lucy Russo, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 10

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006. I am now 58 yrs old,but feel older since being on femara since 3/07. But if taking this med will help assure no reaccurance than i would rather deal with some of the side effects. My feet,back,legs,have been really aching and sore. I have been very tired. I also gained weight,which i tend to have that problem anyway. But I'm here to tell you that you can lose weight taking Femara. I thought i wouldn't be able to but that is not true. I have lost weight since June 09 and still losing. That was part of my depression, having the weight gain,which plays alot on my self esteem. So I will continue to take Femara,because the side effects out weigh the chances of cancer re-accuring.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 24

I am so excited my Dr.said to quit taking femara for 1 month-then to try aromasin instead.Femara caused over 15 hot flashes per 24 hours-vitamins B6+E didn't help.It also gives me severe back,hip+leg pain.I am only 45 but feel 90.To help control weight gain I do Leslie Sansone exercise videos.This also gives an overall sense of well being.Exercise helps with depression and fatigue.Hopefully aromasin will agree with me better.Good luck to everyone and hang in there.

Related Reading: aromasin | vitamins

Comment from: Swift, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 10

Have been on this drug for 7 Months. After 3 years on Tamoxfin. I have knee pain, night sweats,high chlostorol,and blurred vision!! UGH! Going to talk to Dr. next visit and find out % of breast cancer returning without it! HATE IT!

Related Reading: knee pain

Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.