Femcon Fe User Reviews

Femcon Fe - User Reviews

Femcon Fe User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Femcon Fe sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 29

I really like femcon, it has worked out really well for me! I have had less nausea, headaches & my period are shorter & lighter! If you do miss 1 pill you will start bleeding, so it reminds you very much if you forget to take them the right way.

Comment from: Proud Momma, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 17

I love this pill, it has done wonders for me. I'm 38 and have been on Lo-oval for 20 yrs. My periods started getting long and very heavy a few months ago, things were going dry in "lady land" and I was very moody and depressed. My doctor put me on Femcon FE. I have been on Femcon FE for 3 weeks. I have had no bleeding, I have lots more of energy now, no moodiness or depression now. Lady land is no longer dry like the sahara desert :) This pill has been a true blessing for me. I hope I feel the same way once I have my period. I'm actually excited to start my period to see what happens. My doctor said, this pill was a good pill for people my age. She said, it provides the right amount of everything that I need.

Related Reading: Femcon FE | depression

Comment from: heather_jo36, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 29

I have been on Femcon for 2 months and finally demand to be taken off. I have gained over 12 pounds. I broke out really badly. I was emotional, from weight gain. My tongue felt thick making it hard to swallow. Always feel exhausted. Have had pressure on the temple area. Knees and ankles have been in pain and irritated. My periods have been long. I have had heavy spotting throughout the last 2 months that make it seem as though my period never stops! After all of the above and seeing more reviews on medications.com I have concluded this is not safe to be on. Who ever thought that chewable birth control was a good idea anyway?

Related Reading: birth control

Comment from: valley420, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 21

I've been on this BC for almost 4 years now (used to be Ovcon 35 now Femcon FE) and I'm on my last pack before I stop using birth control. I didn't realize until recently that the way that I've been feeling for the last 4 years wasn't just me being me, it was side effects from the birth control. Not only do I have dark spots on my forehead, nose, and upper lip, but I have experienced pretty much every other side effect. I feel like I've had a headache for the last 4 years, I have intense anxiety/nervousness, very low sex drive, weight gain, and breast tenderness. I've been w/ my boyfriend for 7 years now and I've finally decided to stop taking BC and go for condoms and spermicidal lube. This birth control is not worth the side effects that it caused me. I'm ready to have my life back!!

Related Reading: Ovcon | headache | anxiety

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 06

I have been on birth control for 4 years and just recently switched to this one. I have been on it for 3 months and absolutely hate it. It has completely lowered my sex drive; I am super tired all the time, and have major anxiety. Also I have gained about 5 pounds, and have not been able to get it off. I have always been extremely in to working out and exercise 5 days a week and yet I can't loose these 5 pounds. The first 3 weeks of taking this drug my whole body felt tight, water retention.

Comment from: GirlieGirl86, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 16

I have been taking this drug since it came out (years!)and was previously taking its predecessor (Ovcon-now generic.) I have had an awesome experience, no breakthrough bleeding, no acne, no pregnancies, and no mood issues or weight gain. I think its a very good medication for me but obviously isn't for everyone.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: Kat 79, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 06

I was on Yaz and it was the worst pill for me. I switched to Femcon and it has been great. No headaches at all. On my second pack my period was from 7 days down to 1.5 which is wonderful. The only thing is increased hair loss which is normal with birth controls due to estrogen. It's a common side effect which can go away within 3-4 months of use. I hope so because this pill works for me well. Downside, it costs $75.

Related Reading: Yaz | hair loss