Femring User Reviews

Femring - User Reviews

Femring User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Femring sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Nola, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 07

Tried pills, patches etc. This is the best solution yet BUT I wish they made a smaller version. I never had children so things are small down there. Most of the time.. no problem but before sex I have to take it out and remember to put it back later. If I don't take it out then climax causes muscle contractions that cause the thing to abrade the inside and make me bleed. A LOT. Taking it out works but there is no information from the company that I can find to tell me wether or not this might impact it's effectiveness. (I wonder because since I have been doing this some mild hot flashes have come back even though I do put it right back hours later.) I realize that a woman my age that has never been pregnant is a relative rarity but we do exist and it would be nice if there were smaller rings. I am told by my doctor who diagnosed this problem that if they made all of them smaller they would have a problem of falling out. One size does not fit all though. Otherwise this is the perfect solution. It works, You only have to remember to change it every 3 months and otherwise you have to give it no thought. As you get older you end up taking more pills and you worry about impact on your kidneys, liver, etc.. from all of them. This is one less thing to swallow and that has to be a good thing.

Related Reading: hot flashes | liver

Comment from: Marla, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 02

I am a health care provider and this was the recommended method to help with my menopausel symptoms. I can insert this ring and not think about it again for 90 days.

Comment from: sherankk, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 24

At 42 years old I was miserable due to menapause syptoms. Not sleeping, terrible hot flashes and mood swings. Within days of inserting Femring I could see a difference and by 10 days they were completely gone and I feel great again!!!

Related Reading: Femring

Comment from: sastified, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 19

Surgical menopause at age 37, w/removal of ovaries, and on prescription oral estrogens until six years ago, when I switched to the Femring. Am now 58. Libido is stronger than ever, and vaginal dryness is non-existent, especially during intercourse. Enjoy an excellent sex life, including oral. The ring does not interfere with penetration, nor does my partner notice the ring. Only two minor cons: Nothing has ever helped with occasional hot flushes, including the ring; on two occasions in the past several months, after my partner has removed himself, the ring came out with him. My guess is that this may be due to the increased amount of moisture in the vagina.

Related Reading: menopause | vaginal dryness

Comment from: Rose, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 02

I have used HRT for the last 13 years,since having a hysterecotomy, but find Femring to be the best, it gets the job done. I started out at the highest dosage, but have since cut back to the lowest dosage. No problems, I love this product, but it is pricey. I have RX insurance but stills have to pay 50.00 every three months. I am 61 years old.

Comment from: denise, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 18

I am 48 years old and have been using the femring for 6years. I would give it 10 stars if possible. My husband can even tell when the 3mon are almost up due to my personality changes. I have no more hot flashes or night sweats. I don't no why more doctors do not perscribe this. It is the easiest method I have found. A life changer.

Related Reading: night sweats

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 13

While it was very effective and easy to use for my symptoms, I had changes in my breasts that were not acceptable to me. They were VERY sensitive, and seemed to get worse the longer I used it.

Comment from: artglassqueen, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 19

I have used t his to counter vaginal atrophy. Although I am 64 my husband and I still enjoy sexual activity. The Femring has enabled my vagina to regain the natural lubrication necessary for painless intercourse,

Related Reading: sexual