Femring User Reviews

Femring - User Reviews

Femring User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Femring sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ms. ross, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 01

I have been on the ring for 1 month. Within 2 weeks of being on the ring I had a menstral that lasted 4 days. I had not had one of those in years, but I got through. I have also experienced some shoulder pain which is minor. I have been unable to sleep for the last 4 years and now I can sleep like a normal person. I know it's only been a month but it is working for me. No hot flashes at all at any point of the day. I haven't had any problems with having sex while having the ring inside. I am 37 and have a long hall ahead of me with hormone replacements. So far so good!

Comment from: hindsight, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 23

After having a tumor removed & hysterectomy & trying oral HRT the Dr suggested the Femring to help dryness and cut Rx costs. I tried it for 3 weeks - it gave me an infection and disrupted my sex life terribly as my partner & I both enjoy oral sex. If it works for you & you don't engage in oral sex I could see it being a good product - but it gives you something I didn't think about before hand.

Related Reading: tumor

Comment from: ariat10530, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 25

I had a hysterectomy in 99 and ovary removal in 03 at age 36 I went into surgical menopause I tried different HRT's with different side effects. I tried the Femring and have been extremely satisfied. I do not have to remember anything except to replace every 3 months! I do worry about the safety of HRT but at 42 I really dont have a choice,

Comment from: gormah, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 19

On the "ring" for over 8 years post hysterectomy. Finally went to a doc that measured my hormone levels. Found my estrogen was 10 times the norm (600mg as opposed to "normal" 66mg). With a familial history of breast cancer on both sides (yes, even my father got breast cancer) I was appalled that no one had suggested a quantitative measurement before this. So, that's my suggestion to you all.... get lab work done regularly to ameliorate any chance of an estrogen driven cancer being whipped into a frenzy by insanely high levels when not monitored.

Related Reading: breast | cancer | breast cancer

Comment from: Kittin in Alaska, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 23

I am a 3x cancer survivor with allergies to all kinds of meds. The femring has kept me on a even path. With out the Femring no one can stand to be around me,let alone myself. My partner, he doesn't even feel it during intercorse. Once in awhile we need a little gel do to be a little dry, but not often. The femring has been a God sent. If you ask me my feelings, 1 being poor and 10 being the greatest. I give it a 20. I have been on the Femring for 6 years now. I forget that it is even there. Thank you!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 12

Started on the Femring in late October after a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy-Bilateral Salpingo-Oopherectomy the previous month. Within days my hot flashes disappeared. It took about three weeks for the depression to go away. It's been relatively easy to use but don't have anything to compare it to since it's my first experience with HRT. There have been a couple of occasions when I was constipated and strained bowl movements caused the ring to almost slip out. (I now always check before flushing.) Frequent external vaginal yeast infections have been uncomfortable but I didn't link it to the ring until just recently; the informational sheet provided by the pharmacy lists it as a possible side effect. A replacement ring is due in a few days and I'll be tracking the frequency of my yeast infections. The infections seem to happen every couple of weeks and are controlled with external over-the-counter yeast infection treatments.

Related Reading: depression | yeast infection

Comment from: Frannie, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 11

I had a hysterectomy at 30. I started on Femring .025 or .05 at age 60 for hot flashes and hormones. I eliminated it for one year and had a trublent year. I am not 65 years old and still need to use.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 05

This is the best medication by far that I have tried post menopause... I've tried almost every pill and patch available and this is the only thing that has helped almost all my symptoms... I just wish it were more affordable!