Femring User Reviews

Femring - User Reviews

Femring User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Femring sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Giai, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 11

The Femring elevated my vaginal dryness and once again my husband & I enjoy a healthy sexual relationship. Within an hour of inserting the vaginal dryness was gone. I've not experienced any of the side effects and not having to take a pill on a daily basis is a big plus. The once a quarter changing is a great advance over any products on the market. I was a big anti HRT until this product was prescribed by my MD.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 06

I tried low-dose patches but they always fell off. I have been on Femring 0.5 mg. for 4 months. I just removed the Femring because I am breaking out all over my chin and feel very nervous - almost, but not quite like drinking too much coffee. I think I'll go back to the lowest strength patch and figure out some way to keep it from falling off.

Comment from: Betts R Off, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 22

I suffered from vaginal atrophy and severs vaginal dryness that made intercourse painful and consequently infrequent. FemRing changed all this for the better. The only complaint I have is the drop-off after about sixty days until you re-insert a new one. My mood changes come back and it is evident the estrogen has diminished. Still, it is the best HRT I have experienced.

Comment from: Brenda, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 17

When I first used the ring, the vaginal atrophy disappeared and sexual intercourse became pleasurable again. the ring was uncomfortable, though. it felt too big and pressed on my bladder giving me the feeling of needing to urinate all the time. Those feelings got better but still I was always aware that the ring was there, slightly uncomfortable. After Inserting the second ring, I started having bleeding after sexual intercourse and had a very disturbing discharge. I finally went to the doctor and was given clindamycin to treat a vaginal bacterial infection. I was told that the Femring had caused erosion in my vaginal wall and it was removed immediately. the dosage was too high for me and the ring was too big for me.... I have been given vaginal cream now to help with the dryness. hopefully, this works. I loved that the Femring gave me sexual pleasure again but understand that every person is different and in the end, it did not work for me.

Related Reading: clindamycin

Comment from: pilotmom2011, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 20

I had a partial hysterectomy at 35 and then my ovaries removed 4 years later. I tried everything but until I discovered the Femring, there were no answers! I had hot flashes, dry vagina (sex was miserable) and I always felt "off." Once I discovered the Femring and started using it, everything changed. No more hot flashes, sex is incredibly fun again...I'm 55 years old and I have the sex drive I had at 25. I am thrilled with the results; I have an active sex life; my boyfriend says that he can feel the ring occasionally but never enough to bother him and I never know it's in, except that intercourse is never uncomfortable anymore! Greatest thing ever invented!

Comment from: bturner1108, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 02

My experience with Femring has been very effective and satisfying because it has really work for me. It has helped with my vagnial dryness and it has worked wonders for the my hot flashes. I really like using the Femring Treatment.

Comment from: Wanda, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 01

I am 54 years old; I have been using fem-ring for more than two years -- prescribed 0.5 mg -- changed ring every three months. This past month, I developed intermittent abdominal, low back, and side pain with occasional vaginal discharge; escalated into chronic abdominal pain with fever, chills, nausea, and skin rash, with constant discharge. I removed and discarded the fem ring. Pain, fever, and chills quickly subsided; discharge decreased. White blood cell count had escalated. Apparently, my body was rejecting the ring as it was trying to embed itself. My gynecologist has prescribed an antibiotic suppository treatment for infection. It has been four days since I removed the ring; I have been on the antiobiotic for only one night, and have not experienced the low back, side, and abdominal pain as before removing it.

Related Reading: abdominal pain | fever | rash

Comment from: VeryHappyFemRingUser, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 20

@39yo (1990)had hysterectomy retaining ovaries. 1yr later,blood test confirmed I was in menopause(trama to ovaries during surgery,often a side effect triggering menopause). Started oral Rx (premarin low dose). About 1995,dropped oral Rx & moved to FemRing(after unsatisfactory trial of Estrace cream (cream worked but was messy).I have LOVED FemRing! Husband & I enjoy oral sex and vaginal penatration sex without problem. Retaining it in place is good reminder to practice daily Kegal exercises. It maintains good vaginal moistness and I only had one yeast infection in all these yeears, due to taking Amoxicillin for sinus infection(won't do that again!).Seems to help maintain a healthy PH of my vagina with comfortable moistness. I was just told @ Sept 09 yrly GYN that I need to switch in another yr or two to the 'cream' inserted by application tube,since I am approaching 60yo and have been on HRT replacement long enough.I am not looking forward to the 'messy' cream discharge,etc. to continue to maintain comfort to the vaginal walls. I have no cancer history on either side of my family. I get yearly mammo's - always negetive and do self breast exams (in the shower during soapy breast washing)besides monthly or so in the bed.

Related Reading: premarin | Estrace | Amoxicillin