Fentora User Reviews

Fentora - User Reviews

Fentora User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Fentora sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: MLauritzen, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 09

After having used every other pain med on the market - without any long-term benefit, Fentora was a god-send! It takes effect quickly, smoothly, and has relatively few side effects. I only wish the DEA didn't leave doctor's feeling so terrified - that it's now extremely difficult to find a provider who's willing to prescribe these meds to those who need them. Most doctor's with whom I spoke became wide-eyed with the fear of God at the mention of a class II med. It is among the most expensive meds out there, but to be able to function againwell worth the extra expense

Related Reading: Fentora

Comment from: oharejoe, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 08

Very small tablet that disolves right away between your upper molar and your outside of your inner check.Very,very expensive but it did work quickly for me. I stopped taking it because I cannot afford it even with good insurance.

Comment from: steve, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 12

Fast and effefective, if only higher doses could be made. I am on 3 800umg every four hours an thoes numbers of pills chew up my gums.

Comment from: sse1471, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 16

After trying everything out there for Migraines this medication was first prescribed for me in order for me to treat migraines at home. This is the only medication I have ever taken that completely takes away my migraine and I am able to function again. The only problem is as another person mentioned it is so hard to find a Doctor who will prescribe this medication to treat Migraines in my area. I have been contacted by the maker of the medecation and my insurance and they both say this medication is used seldom to treat serious migraines. There are doctors out there who are disapproving of this medication which to me (the patient) is very, very sad. I now have to suffer when I shouldn't have too. The medication works when nothing else will.

Related Reading: migraine

Comment from: steve, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 22

better than taking all the other pain meds! it does however become easier to tolerate and need to increase dosage sometimes.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 08

Have been on many diff. pain meds for berakthrough pain for 9 yrs. This med has worked very well, with the exception of becoming very tolerant very quickly. And it is eats up my gums severly. I also have to battle with my ins. constantly. with their limitations on how many tablets I am allowed to have. Like they can control my pain with limiting how many tablets your allowed.But a good med for pain control. Wishing everyone the best.

Comment from: roadrage69, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 23

After 3 major back surgerys and still in 24/7 pain this is the only medication that has relieved the pain in my legs, it does not last long and I am only allowed 3 pills a day and my pain doc said the insurance co. will probably stop paying for it after just a few months and I have tried so many different pain meds this is the only one that gives me some relief, sometimes rarely it will take until the third dose before it relieves the pain but the relief I have had is the best that I have had since July of 2004. I have been extremely tired I do not know if it is from this medication or something else going on I do not have much of a appetite but that's OK. I just hope and pray that my health insurance will not stop paying for it. Thanks for everybody else's reviews

Comment from: afflicted, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 12

The greatest benefit from this medication is that when you are in pain and it is at an intolerable level, you can administer the tablet and your treatment will take effect usually within 5-10 minutes. This is substantial considering the levels and duration of chronic pain.

Related Reading: chronic pain

Comment from: cyrus, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 25

pain so bad that was unale to walk or move around. after working out the doseage, was a great help in the pain but must be checked by Dr. every month. Doseage changed once. This was a last resort med. some would last about a year and than become tolerante to the med and have to change it. This so far has kept the worst pain down to a bareable level.

Cancer