Fentora User Reviews

Fentora - User Reviews

Fentora User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Fentora sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kim.lybrand@northporthealth.com, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 01

I have 7 ruptured disc in thr back and work 60 weeks, I have great health insurance, but for this med, I have had no help from my insurance at all, I have severe digestion issues so this med works well for me except for the terrible gum issues, but when you have the pain I do in my spine, gum pain is minimum. I have tried the companys pt assistance but since I have drug coverage, I can't get any help. If anyone has found a way to get around this issue, please send a review of your experience. The drug is great, if only you can afford it.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 21

This is by far the most effective medication for breakthrough pain that I have ever used for my metastatic cancer pain

Related Reading: cancer pain

Comment from: Imissfentora, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 03

After three back surgeries I was tolerant to almost everything. Fentora was wonderful at controlling my pain and I didn't feel high. The only two issues were that tolerance comes quickly and the cost. After I got up to 9,600 mcg/day (12 x 800mcg) within a year I decided I needed to get off these. Also, insurance stopped paying and the 800mcg's were $35 per pill so it would have cost me $12,600 per month. It took seven months to wind down reducing 10% per week and it was rough. When I got down to 2,200 mcg/day I jumped off. I still had severe withdrawl for two days in spite of taking subutex to help but I am finally done. I miss how well they worked but I don't miss being captive to them. If I missed a dose I got withdrawl sickness failry quickly. Great drug for break through pain but it gets a hold of you very quickly which could be managed had it not been so expensive.

Related Reading: subutex

Comment from: starzkey, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 09

I started using this med after taking Actiq for almost a year to control chronic pain associated with post-sugical nerve damage in my lower jaw. Very quickly I found that although Fentore provided the best pain relief with fewest side effects, one "side effect" that I had not counted on was the speed with which tolerance, dependence, and subsequent inter-dose feelings of withdrawl would develop. Within a couple of months, I told my prescribing physcian that i did not want to keep taking it, and we worked out a tapering of schedule. Even with the taper, withdrawal from Fentanyl was intense (trust me, you will want to be somebody else if you ever need to stop taking this, so don't do so abruptly). Cost was an issue as I could only afford through the mail away plan, and sometimes the mail away pharmacy would not deliver the next script in time to avoid gaps: YUK! Remember, faster in equals faster out, and it is this feature that presages dependence potential. Use the (Duragesic) patch instead if your MD thinks it will work for you.

Related Reading: Actiq | Duragesic

Comment from: lkhs, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 20

I have pseudotumor Cerebri and have a VP shunt. This is the only medication that has helped the pain in my head. It is so expensive though that without insurance it is impossible to afford. It is worth every penny.

Related Reading: pseudotumor Cerebri

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 14

I have chronic neck pain after 4 fusions; this drug helped tremendously in the beginning. It had to be increased rather quickly and I became quickly addicted to my 800 candy. I have great fear of this rx and will be switching back to Actiq this week. I am also on duragesic patch.

Related Reading: neck pain

Comment from: keri, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 30

My insurance won't pay for this medication. It's $750.00 for 28 pills,..wow thats expensive! Should be more insurance friendly!

Comment from: propertymgrva, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 26

Opioid tolerance occurred after three spine surgeries and pain releif was difficult (both hydro and oxycodone were not effective - including slow release). After exceeding 120 mg of long acting pain (per dose) and 90 mg of break-through medication - a pain management specialist recommended Opana and Fentora. The Opana was equivilant to oxycontin and too expensive. The Fentora, though very expensive, is extreemly effective.

Related Reading: pain management | Opana | oxycontin