Fentora User Reviews

Fentora - User Reviews

Fentora User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Fentora sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: MissGrace, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 07

Have had 9 back surgeries and spine is 100% fused. Also have RA. Med works well but I do feel it causes mental confusion at times. Main problem is getting the insurance company to pay for this. Trouble every refill. My doctor's office has refused to issue a new script on time, making me wait up to 7 days because my doctor was on vacation and the other doctor would not approve. Nurse refuses to believe (or maybe care) that I go through withdrawal. Does anyone know a drug that works as well for break-thru pain and is not as expensive? Does anyone else have to wait up to 7 days w/o medication before getting a new refill? Did you have withdrawal?

Comment from: Yhadayhada, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 05

I experience excruciating pain due to 9 nerve root cysts. They also cause severe sciatica. Nothing works as well as this medication for breakthrough pain. Without pain I am able to enjoy life. The pain free state is certainly taken for granted. I do not have cancer but can't believe that the constant, extreme pain I experience is "less painful" than that felt by cancer patients. Due to this drug being approved only for Cancer patients my insurance company has an "out" to refuse payment. My son was married recently and to ensure that I could attend and remain through the reception I bought the RX myself. It was almost $1500. for 28 pills. I enjoyed the festivities because I remained pain free thanks to Fentora. It is criminal that I am denied insurance coverage thus quality of living because someone in the FDA thinks this should be approved for "cancer pain" only. Obviously the FDA is not as informed as it should be as it relates to the origin of severe cancer type pain. This drug should not be considered "off label" if prescribed for other types of extreme pain.

Related Reading: cysts | sciatica | cancer

Comment from: paintwalks@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 16

To list the meds I've taken to help with pain for fibro, r.a., 4&5 vertabrae out of wack, cracked tailbone, sacrum and pelvis, I would need a book to list every med that's been tried, these work pretty dang good, the fentora over time work for less and less....I've never once had a problem with my ins. covering this med, my ins pays $5.00 for every med, including these so I'm lucky in that respect....I catch myself needing more and more because they really not are as effective after time, they work but not as well.....I lived in NJ for 2 yrs and got lucky finding a doc that would treat me with what I found to work, when I came back to Mich, even though my doc sent copies of ALL my records I had one heck of a time finding a doc that would treat me, even my own family doc that delivered my 3 kids and had my doctor for 20 years wouldn't treat with anything other than vicodin, that's like baby aspirin when your in this much pain....and once (and I love this doctor) he actually had the nerve to tell me I was just depressed (OF COURSE I WAS DEPRESSED, WHO WOULDNT BE IN THAT MUCH PAIN) and it was all in my head....my jaw hit the floor, yes I still see him for colds and sneezes, I see another located in a pain treatment center an hour away for my big medical issues

Related Reading: vicodin | aspirin

Comment from: Blackstone, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 27

I've been on pain meds for about 15 years, done most. About 3 years ago I was in on the trial of a med that you put in your cheek and it melts away the pain. Now I'm on that med - it was a fentora testing. Works great, very expensive. But my Dr gives me 4-400mg boxes and 1 200mg box per 28days. I also take delaudid and exalgo (another great one for me). This is all due to a "360" back operation and diabetic neuropathy. Works within 10minutes and thus far, when I do run out I have no withdrawls at all. I was amazed. When I run out of delaudid - look out! It costs me about $40 for the 28days and my ins hasn't said anything yet. Whew, cause it's the best thing going!

Related Reading: exalgo | diabetic neuropathy

Comment from: SuzieQ, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 02

I was prescribed this medication for break through pain of Rheumatoid Arthritis and I think it is a very good medication for this condition. I do feel that Dr.s need to monitor their pt.s better to see if they need an increase in medication due to becoming tolerant of the medication as well.

Related Reading: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Comment from: kirk3486, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 11

I have to remove my dentures. Will the "lollypop" work better for me?

Cancer