Feraheme User Reviews

Feraheme - User Reviews

Feraheme User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Feraheme sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Colleen, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 15

i was recieving this drug because I'm severely iron defecient and anemic. I had our infusion center look into this bor me. I cannot absorb oral iron. My nurse had me pretreat with 650 mg of tylenol. I had taken 40mg of predisone earlier in the day. She started to infuse the feraheme thru a butterlfy needle in my Right AC. She was doing a timed push. I started to get sweaty palm and my fingers turned red. Then there was pressure in my chest. She stopped the infusion. I was given 25mg of benedryl Ivp, 120mg of solumedron IVP, then famantoding. A lactaded ringers bolus was started. I had pain hit in my back and lower flanks that rated 10/10 the an excruciating headache that throbbed in conjunction with my back pain. I became tachycardic, hypertensive. I could not relieve the pain in my pack. Eventually it subsided. I had become flushed it was hard to catch my breath because of the svt. It was very scary. What are the long term effects of this drug?

Related Reading: tylenol | feraheme | headache

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 21

I only had swelling in my left leg and foot. Other than that I did not have any reactions. It a lot easier and more patient friendly that any other Iron treatment I have had.

Comment from: Slainte, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 11

I was given Fereheme (4 doses now, over a 6 month period) for Iron Deficiency anemia. It caused chest pain that has continued for two weeks after the treatment. I am 50, female, otherwise healthy. The prior infusions caused discomfort, wet sensations in the lower legs and sacrum/surrounding area. I did better on the lower dose Iron Dextran administered over a longer period (2 months).

Related Reading: Iron Deficiency | anemia | chest pain

Comment from: John, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 13

I'm in stage 3 CKD. So, my doctor put me on Venofer - which helped but takes a long time to administer. So I read about a drug called Feraheme (sp?) and my doctor was first hesitant, but decided to give it a try. After ONLY 2 treatments (yes - only 2 doctor visits - instead of 8-10) I was able to get my iron levels up and I feel better and don't have to go to the docotor as often. Would highly recommend that you talk to your doctor about it.

Related Reading: Venofer

Comment from: Patty, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 26

I receive Feraheme for Anemia caused by a bleeding stomach. I have never had any side effects. It cuts down the need for so many blood transfusions. It works great for me.

Comment from: Lisasand, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 28

I just had pretty much the exact same experience as the reviewer called "Colleen" who reivewed this drug in 2011. This was my third infusion with this drug. The first infusion caused a flush reaction in my upper body and a very heavy sensation in my chest. The second time I had the infusion the nurse added IV fluids and pushed the drug in much slower. I still had the heavy sensation in my chest but it subsided in about 10 minutes and I did not become flushed that time. The infusion I had today was nearly disasterous. Again, I had pretty much the same thing as Colleen and it was terrifying. The pain I had in my back was the worst thing I've ever felt. For sure a 10 of 10 in pain.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 20

I was severely anemic and could not take oral Iron. I did not have any issues with the IV or the drug. No pain, no side effects, no discomfort. For me it was well worth it.

Comment from: Tina, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 29

I had severe bone pain after or maybe a week into infusion.I have crohns . The oncologist said people usually do not have complaints of side effect. My comment was, most people here are cancer patients and they are on pain med or maybe they think it is due to cancer. I am an RN so I know a little, just enough to worry. However this iron works very fast. I had to stop it last time due to having a crohns flare , this can makes systems to.I would recommend that you would maximize your crohns medication to prevent a flare . Dr don,t like to give out pain med and drug company dose not like to admit any negative side effects.

Related Reading: cancer