Fioricet with Codeine User Reviews

Fioricet with Codeine - User Reviews

Fioricet with Codeine User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Fioricet with Codeine sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 29

I started taking Fioricet/Codeine when I was in my mid 20's for severe headaches/head pain (migraines?). After suffering for years, the drug was a God-send for me and my family! Unfortunately, after 8 years of gradually increasing usage and my doctor prescribing the medication like candy, I became addicted to it - an experience I would not wish upon anyone! Afterwards I tried a succession of different medications and treatment approaches. After 3 or 4 years with no luck, I went back on the Fioricet/Codeine. I am now in my mid-40's and continue to take the Fioricet/Codeine. I continue to explore other treatment options, but that is often very discouraging and tiring. For me, Fioricet/Codeine is the only medication that has worked well to treat the headaches. Just be very careful to monitor and keep usage in check. (Note: Most doctors and pharmacists will tell you that Fioricet and Fiorinal are basically the same - one has tylenol, the other asprin. For me, Fiorinal is ineffective compared with Fioricet!)

Related Reading: Fioricet | tylenol

Comment from: Old Lady, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 25

Amazing relief from severe headaches with pain behind eyes and at temples. Does make you drowsy but in a nice way. Would not take if you must drive.

Comment from: amarsh, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 22

I have been taking it onand off for 15 years I went off of it because I felt dependant on it and went through horrible withdrawls only to have to start taking it again because it was the only one that worked. But it does scare me having to take it knowing that I am dependant on it.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 23

i was prescribed this medicine after everything else failed. i take this not only when i'm getting a headache but also to prevent one. after suffering from crippling headaches with no ease from the pain this was a God send for me.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: december_maglior@yahoo.com, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 16

This medication has worked for my tension headaches very well I also tolerate the medication. No more taking every pain reliever there is to get rid of the migrains.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

After suffering a traumatic brain injury in a car accident, this is the only medication that has given me some relief. It does not take the pain away, however, it does reduce the pain to a tolerable level.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 12

I have been on Fioricet w/ codiene for 3 years now. I have very frequent tension headaches and Migraines.Im 23 and have had horrible headaches since i was 13 around that time of the month as did all the females on my mothers side. I have tried lortabs, demoral, topomax, imitrex, treximet, and hundreds more and NOT ONE of them has helped my headaches, only the Fioricets. My mother takes this same medication and she agrees that they kill the pain of headaches and makes you able to carry out the rest of your day and not have to fight a migraine for 2 or 3 days. The only downfall of this medication is how easily you may become dependant on them. If your body is used to taking them and you slow down taking them, you can get an adverse reaction and cause yourself to have a headache or migraine. So if you decide to use this medicine, make sure you only take it when needed. I havent been to the hospital with a migraine in almost 2 years...THANK GOD!!!

Related Reading: imitrex | treximet | migraine

Comment from: labra3635, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 21

having migrains and tension headaches, this is ONLY med that works,tried vicodin,percocet and trial of oxycontin NONE worked as well as this and tolerate well.

Related Reading: vicodin | percocet | oxycontin