Fioricet User Reviews

Fioricet - User Reviews

Fioricet User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Fioricet sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: cinfantes@jcboe.org, 55-64 (Patient) Published: October 19

If you feel you are having trouble getting off this medication what can you do? or is there anything that can help from having withdrawal ?

Comment from: aakerman, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 19

this medicine was a great medicine untill it became a want to have all the time, and my mind was telling me that i was having migrains just so i could have more when in fact i was fine. just use with extra percaution please.

Comment from: Debbt K, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 18

Be very vrey careful with this medication i have taken it on and off for 20 years around 7 years ago the headaches were getting worse and the side effects were also and the REBOUND h/a was worse then the first one. I stopped taking the medication on my own and wound up having seizers and then had to go to a hospital for withdrawal. After if got out after i year i started taking it again when i tried to stop again same thing i signed myself in got the drug out of my system and have been drug free and h/a free for almost 7 years. The stoned feeling and the groggniss is not worth what i went through thankfully after being through all of this my headaches have gone away for good i went through menopause at the same time thought the headaches would get worse but they went away now i wonder if they were all migraine's or mostly rebound headaches the medication works very well but please be very very careful on it. I am not an additive person but please be careful with this medicine it almost took my life.

Related Reading: menopause

Comment from: Miss u Mom, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: April 03

My Mom had taken Fioricet for over 15 years for neck, knee and and head ache pain.She had taken it so long she developed an addiction to this Drug.I am 27 years old with 3 young kids and on March 14, 2011 @8:20pm we had to say bye to my mother and my childrens grandma.She was admitted into the hospital 2 days before from a cardiac arrest.I had to watch my mom lay there with tubes everywhere no brain activity and having sezuries for 2 days until she was gone.She was 47 years old! My question is the pain that bad you would risk putting yourself in even more danger. Theres got to be other alternative medication than fioricet and all other drugs containg the same ingredient! I miss my Mom and hate that perscrption drugs do more harm than good!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment from: Beacbum83@aol.com, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 12

I have suffered with migraines since i was 9.Throughtout my life i have tried a mass variety of different over the counter drugs,they did absolutely nothing. A few weeks ago i went to the dr. and had myself looked at, was unable to stand the pain any longer, it was interfering with my life. I was prescribed fioricet, tried to have an open mind maybe this medication would actually help me, it did. The first time i took it, it made me feel a little funny but pretty soon i was sleeping and out of pain and that for me is absoulety amazing. I would however like to find the cause for my headaches, but in the mean time i think this drug will help me be me again.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 30

I have had migraines since my teens. Six years ago I had, what I thought was a migraine, go extremely bad and had two brain bleeds/stroke. Please don't ignore a sudden worse than migraine headache! Fioricet was prescribed for the daily headaches afterwards and has saved my daily existence. I now take them only as needed but am not addicted as some say. I agree that some drs want to not prescribed them lately and give you xanax instead which is addictive. I'll take fioricet.

Related Reading: teens | stroke | xanax

Comment from: cloflin, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 12

I started this medication about two years ago, it worked like magic! However, about 4 months ago, it stopped working completely, I presume I began getting immune to the effects of the medication. The medication not only got rid of my migraine, it caused me to sleep like a baby, which is very helpful in my opinion during a migraine.

Comment from: creativetouch, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 24

I started having bad headaches around 1984/1985 and I thought it was from a stressful job. I would take 2 Excedrin a couple times a day, several times a week. They were hard on my stomach tho. Then in 1990 I started getting bad migraine headaches off and on. The doctor prescribed Vicodin. I took one and in about 20 minutes started to feel very drugged up, looked white as a sheet and started vomiting. The nausea could have been from the headache pain but I never want to see that drug again. In fact, I told the pharmacy I was allergic to it so they would put that in my records, that's how bad it made me feel. Then a doctor prescribed Fioricet and my goodness, a miracle drug. When I took one the headache was gone in about 15 minutes. I don't have any bad side effects. Sometimes I would wake up in the middle of the night or early morning with a headache and I would take a Fioricet on an empty stomach with no problems. I do find that doctors do not want to prescribe this medication. It took a psychiatrist to give it to me. I haven't found it to be habit forming and it is the only thing that really works well for me. I will switch off taking it with Excedrin. Migraines seem to run in my family. I carry them with me wherever I go.

Related Reading: Vicodin

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.