Fioricet User Reviews

Fioricet - User Reviews

Fioricet User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Fioricet sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: dee, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 24

I have taken this medication for about 4 years, but have found it to be a bit addicting. I am interested in hearing from others with this problem and how they are handling it. I have been trying to wean myself off, but am having a hard time.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 29

I had a headache for three days and was hospitalized. They could find nothing to help me get over the headache. Finally they tried fioricet and it worked. I now have some on hand so when I feel a headache coming on I usually take two pills and it is gone. If a headache gets away from me, I can usually use four pills and that is all I need. I get a headache once a month or less often.

Comment from: nikki122899, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 28

It has taken soooo long to find something to treat the headaches I haave. The very first day I took this it was gone! What a Godsend!!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 31

I found this drug to work very well and my migraines are usually gone within a half hour of taking.

Comment from: lacrosse mom, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 21

Have had migraines since I was very young [40 now] since taking this medicine migraines don't kick my butt like they used to. If I can take the meds within about 5 min of getting my auras[eye blurriness , spots ect]migraine usually will not be a full blown one. it does make me tired so that helps at night to sleep. I also found that if I prop myself up[laying flat makes the pounding in my head so much worse] and put pressure on the side that the migraine is on that helps along with the meds. Hope this will help a little. GOOD LUCK and remember not all medicine will work the same for everyone

Comment from: ChrylAn03, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 20

I didn't even know what a Migraine was but I lived next door to a Neurologist and he asked what was going on told him about these disabling headaches that were making me sick and nauseous to my stomach, sound and light made me even more sick feeling and most times when this ungodly headache was going on the smell of food. I didn't develop these until I had my 2nd child and they got worse after having my 3rd child. I was 26 years old when I went to his office for a batch of test to find out I had Migraines which do run in my family and was told that not only is it hereditary but that most likely will have them for the rest of my life. He prescribed Fioricet and my goodness after 10 mins may have looked like death but the migraine was completely gone and actually could function again. They say this has a barbiturate and is addicting but I was off the meds for about 6 years and was fine. I am back on it and these Doctors just don't want to give it to you unless they try other things which does not work. My prescription is 20 pills that need to last for a month and when I get one of those disabling migraines 10 minutes and its completely gone. Now they want to change it again ... Why change something if it works ... Just leave it be and here I am today 49 years old and just don't want to deal with the pain and want to tear your head off thing anymore ... Let me be happy and live the rest of my life in peace and free of pain. I take it on an empty stomach and my liver has been tested and is perfect since they claim this is one of the side effects that can cause liver damage. Those who have never suffered from a migraine on a daily basis have no clue what they are talking about until you actually have to get more than one or two and have to live with them. My children all 3 of them also suffer from them on occassion not quite as bad and more so my 2nd child - my son just like I do but not on a daily basis and hope he never has to get to that point.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: SBS, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 13

This is an extremely dangerous medication. I took Fioricet for years for treatment of migraine headaches. I was having 3 to 4 major headaches per week due to having a brain disease. In 2007 & 2008 I was taking 120 pills per month. I was sick all the time but didn't realize the medicine was causing major rebound headaches. I would have a headache as soon as I woke up and would take two. A couple of hours later my headache came back so I would take two more and it would continue until I went to bed. I began to become depended on the drug due to the energy it would give me when I first took it and then the calming feeling afterward. This is a very highly addictive drug that needs to monitored more closely by physicians. I have a family member as well as a friend who is severly addicted to this drug and it is ruining their life. I consider myself an extremely strong person that can beat anything but this drug took a long time to stop taking. It has been almost a year since I took it and I feel much better. If you suffer from migraines research Botox treatments. I have been extremely pleased with the results.

Related Reading: Botox

Comment from: missyvette1, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 20

Thhis works 90 per cent of the time, as long as you take it as soon as you feel the headache coming. Only thing, you will test for abnormal liver enzymes, I tested for years and no one ever said that the meds were doing it. The retested over and over and ran different blood work, the last thing they wanted to do was a liver biopsy!! Now, I am trying to, after ten years, to try something different! Magnesium, B-12 and COQenzyme is supposed to prevent migraines. Hope it will work!

Comment from: truckerjohn, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 29

very very addictive

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.