Flagyl User Reviews

Flagyl - User Reviews

Flagyl User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Flagyl sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: dgag81, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 10

I have taken this before and it works very good.. when you read all the bad reviews it makes you think you might have some of the symptoms that other woman have..take the medicine and see how you feel.. Everyone is different and we all have different bodies. If it doesnt work try something else. But for myself it has worked and i would recommended it..

Comment from: angeladollface, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 06

I suffered for about two weeks before I figured out the "fishey smell" was not going to clear up by itself. I was prescribed this drug and after the second day I was back to smelling normal! After following the doctor's orders (absolutely NO alcohol) I had no side effects whatsoever and I am generally sensitive to anything I ingest, especially antibiotics. My only suggestion is do not leave the pill in your mouth more than a couple seconds before swallowing, it does leave a bad metal aftertaste in your mouth, but with a couple of swigs of juice (or what have you) the taste is gone.

Comment from: LuAnn, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 05

Severe diverticulitis. Felt better within 48 hours. Only problem is the taste.I found that if I took it with a spoonful of applesauce it helped.

Related Reading: diverticulitis

Comment from: chilton001@triad.rr.com, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 09

Every time I have taken this medication, it has landed me in the hospital(for 5to8 days) for pancreatis. This illness is severly painful and there is no cure, and my doctor did say that the metranidizole was causing my pancreas to inflame. Be very careful!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 28

#1 advice ever that 100% eliminates the gross taste. Put the pill on half a spoonful of jelly and swallow with milk or almond milk or soy milk. I have never tasted this pill bc of this technique. I have had to take this twice for BV. The majority of side effects came from reading these reviews and stressing myself out about it (I have a nervous stomach & and tendency to worry). All of my BV symptoms were gone after the first dose, but 3 months later I still had inflammation, so I am on round 2. I am on day 2 but no real side effects besides a mild head ache and just general sleepiness. You have an infection. Your immune system is all messed up right now. You are not going to be feeling great anyways. Follow the directions (DO NOT DRINK. NOT EVEN A SIP OF BOOZE. EAT A FULL MEAL RIGHT BEFORE THE PILL. HALF A CUP OF YOGURT OR A GRANOLA BAR DOES NOT COUNT). while staying away from these reviews, and you will most likely be absolutely fine. I also take a probiotic with this pill twice a day and try to eat very healthy. Limit sugar and yeasty breads bc of the chance of getting a yeast infection (I did the first time I was on this medication, so I have a pill for that to take at the end of my treatment). Take extra special care of yourself while on these antibiotics. Your immune system needs the help. If you don't, you will feel worse. If you are eating poorly, are overweight, underweight due to lack of eating, don't move around/exercise, don't get enough sleep...chances are you are feeling like crap most of the time anyways, but you get used to it. Being unhealthy will always make you react poorly to just about anything (medications, pregnancy, illness). Not eating enough is unhealthy as well. (Yoga daily, even just for a short bit of time, does wonders).

Related Reading: yeast infection | sleep | pregnancy

Comment from: pandora, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 23

geez..does anyone read the bottle anymore? take with food, no alcohol, finish all thats prescribed, no problem. all medication tastes awful, get over it. works wonders for me, every time.

Comment from: ddu, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 27

after reading these reviews I was scared of the cure. Don't believe all that you read. First, don't place this on your tongue since that's where the most taste buds are. I placed it under my tongue and swallowed with a full glass of water. I was sure to take it on an full stomach and on schedule three times daily for the entire 7 days. I may have had one or two headaches during the week. I had no alcohol as mentioned and found the medication to be very effective. I wanted to write because everything I read prior to taking the medication had me scared to take it. All meds effect people differently.

Comment from: Azucar, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 18

This has tasted terrible, and although I think it's helped the diverticulitis (been on it for 12 days), it has given me diarrhea and loose bowels the entire time. Doctor recommended yogurt and acidophilus to get the cultures back into the intestines, but I find that eating bananas regularly has helped a little bit. Still very uncomfortable with 3 days to go. Ugh!

Related Reading: diarrhea