Flagyl User Reviews

Flagyl - User Reviews

Flagyl User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Flagyl sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Mills, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 16

Used metro tabs previous to a colon re-section I had 1 year ago, Another flare up so do not think you will be free of divert. if you have the horrible surgery, and now I return to the metronidazole. I find it is not working as well. If you avoid all dairy products, headache and diarrhea seem to disappear....love your new WEB MD fiber calculator. Learned too late what I should be eating during and after attacks.

Related Reading: metronidazole

Comment from: Chas., 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 08

I have been taking a pill labeled PLIVA 334 ?? For 6 days now and the pain is just easing off. The taste is awful. I wish they were coated. Not bad if I place on back of toung. Here on Web MD it said "Avoid Achlolic Beverages for 3 days after stopping if taking the "CAPSULES" Yet they don't show anything but pictures of pills on the site. I do plan to finish all 10 days to make sure the problem won't come back.

Comment from: emmaann, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

I'm taking 500mg 2x day... I've had bv once before and was prescribed a different medication and wish I was taking it this time! The bv is cleared but the side effects are something from the pits of hell. Headache, nausea, and vomiting every other morning. Also lack of sleep which is usually caused by my body signaling I'm about to get sick. Heavy meals are very much needed to even make it through the seven days of this drug. The taste is awful but doesn't bother me as far as the side effects go.

Comment from: brit, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 24

As everyone else has said, the pill taste bad, but does not compare to the horrible side effects. I have completed all 7 days and am still experiencing side effects after 2 days of finishing...nausea, vomiting, achey, lack of sleep, dizziness, etc. I was prescribed to this drug about a year ago and dont remember having any of these side effects, but I will never take the chance again. Im wondering when the side effects will actually subside...and I can return to work.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: Kalypsa, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 26

I'm on Day 4 of the meds and I have to say I'm not having the crazy side effects that most women have outlined on this forum. I'm on 500mg 2x a day and I take them at 7ish am and 7ish pm - both with a glass of milk and usually I have to eat a little something because yes the taste is horrid. Coated pills would make swallowing these soooo much better. I have had the darkened urine, no biggie there. Most antibiotics makes me gas-y and this one lived up to that too. The BV issues and smell were gone within 2 days, thank god. I don't have recurring BV at all. I just had an IUD put in about 5 months ago and I read that IUD users can be prone to BV regularly. I really hope this isn't the case because I don't want to have to take this stuff all the time. No changes in BMs... no diarrhea, no headaches, no seizures, no light headedness... nothing like most women have described. It has helped me sleep at night, which is great. The morning pill doesn't make me tired, probably because I'm having coffee at the same time. I have avoided alcohol. No nausea and no vomiting here. Overall, my side effects have been pretty minor compared to what others listed.

Comment from: Mary, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 16

I'm really suffering from the side effects. The dizzyness was so bad that I was afraid to drive. I have nausea and a feeling of wanting to rejurgitate. Sleepiness, lethargy are also symptoms that I have experience along with the dark amber-colored urine. Next time, I will ask for something else. I agree with others--it's awful, but I am nearing the end of my 500mg nightmare.

Comment from: College Girl, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 13

Well, this is my second time having this problem. Problem: Fishy smell when i have sex. So embarrassing!!!! It's not like im not clean or anything, it's just something some women get. The first time I used the gel because I didn't want to take the pill due to my pregnancy. This time i chose the pill. I hate taking medicine but i know i need them. My doctor prescribe to me a 500mg dose which i took 4 pills all at once for one day. The only side effects i had were taste, and tiredness and slight stomach ache.

Comment from: browneyedgirl, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 13

Ive had a lot of the symptoms that are known for this drug while taking it and i just finished my prescription today.I had dizziness, headaches, loss of appetite, irritability, weakness, super tiredness, i even had the whole furry tongue thing accompanied by a sore throat. Weird and gross by the way.. I would just suggest to everyone who's taking this or is going to be taking this that you do your research on the drug and really learn the information. It seems to be working for me but Ive read a lot about it and it seems maybe it can cause some other severe and scary problems too, like cancer or tumors for starters. So just be well informed. Also, I learned it's NOT GOOD to DRINK GRAPEFRUIT juice while taking this either because it could interfere with your liver's ability to digest it. Hope this was helpful.

Related Reading: sore throat | cancer | liver