Flector Patch User Reviews

Flector Patch - User Reviews

Flector Patch User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Flector Patch sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 23

I have low back problems - have been in pretty constant pain for 9 months. I was just prescribed Flector and it has really helped me deal with the pain.

Comment from: pammyj, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 31

Used patches for 3 mos for arthritis--hips, knee, spine, hands, shoulders w/exc results. Recommend using tape to help it attach--I use fabric "Cover-Roll stretch tape" from my PT--made by "Beirsdorf" 10ydsx2" for ~$20.

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: Casey, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 15

I was prescribed this medication for degenerative disk disease & has made a huge difference! I can actually walk better & sleep at night. I have finally found an interim medicine that actually helps the pain!!

Comment from: Combat_Mom, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 29

This medication was prescribed for hip tendonistis. It was effective in relieving my pain for the most part but caused cardiovascular problems which caused me to discontinue the Flector patch. I am currently unable to work due to the side effects of this patch. I was hospitalized for about a week and before that I was in and out of the ER trying to figure out what was going on.

Related Reading: Flector patch

Comment from: sadlittlesis, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 16

after shoulder arthroscopy flector patch pre-scribed for my sister, apparently with no reguard to who should not be taking this patch,at 61 after 2 months on this she had a massive gastrointestinal bleed and died in my living room.I wish I had researched this drug from the start instead of just trusting her Surgeon,would never give her medication that dangerous,fatal I was so wrong, Linda so trusting neither of us questioned his choice of medication then,now everyday I do,and wish I had then.I can't get over HOW and why such a senseless horrific way to die over a little patch that was suppose to help.stick with the old common pain and anti-inflammatory medicine, new is not better.I miss you so much Linda,everyday I wish I had asked more questions,gotten more info,cause I truly believe you'd still be here with me....

Comment from: drsean, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 07

As a pain management physician I was excited when this patch first became available, especially with the problems with the Cox II's and potential side effects of all other anti-inflamatories. My experience with this medication has been somewhat dissapointing and perhaps that is because many of my patients have a tendency to compare expectations of their meds with those of narcotic analgesics. (Some even believe they are being given Fentanyl patches I believe). Overall, proper expectations of this med as well as utilization techniques, coupled with the apparent lower degree of side effects based upon the cutaneous delivery method, make this med a good option for some. My advice is first to apply the patch according to directions. Next, I advise additional use of a good skin adhesive tape, as the patches simply do not adhere well to many persons and/or body regions. Finally, I would advise to patience in order to allow the drug to work. A, "One patch trial", simply does not allow time for an adequate responce. The anti-inflamatory process takes time and by giving the patches adequate time, some patients are pleasantly surprised by their benefit. So, in summary, I believe the Flector Patch to be a product that can indeed be helpful for some. Do not expect a narcotic like responce. Apply the patches as directed. Utilize addition skin adhesive tape. Change the patches evey 12 hours and properly dispose of them. Make sure to reseal the patches and do not use expired patches. Finally, be patient. Perform supplemental exercises (Ask you doctor, chiropractor or physical therapist if appropriate and what exercises to do). Limited exacerbating activities and you may find the patches to be helpful.

Related Reading: pain management

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 07

I have undiagnosed lower back pain (3 years). I am on my way tapering down on Fentanyl patches, but because of this I have add'l pain. The Flector patch seems to work well. My Doc told me to cut it in half, apply to pain site for 12 hours, and remove. I do this each morning, and try to make it through the night without it. It has been effective in reducing my pain.

Related Reading: lower back pain