Flexeril User Reviews

Flexeril - User Reviews

Flexeril User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Flexeril sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 30

I have fibromyalgia and have tried nearly every drug we can think of. The doctor suggested this medicine and after I started taking it, I have slept all the way through the night for the first time in years.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 28

I've been taking Flexeril daily for several years. I always take one before bed and only take the other two allowed during the day if my fibro and TMJ pain is really bad. It has helped curb my flareups, allows me to get the sleep I need, and is wonderful!

Related Reading: Flexeril | sleep

Comment from: MikeC in SC, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 28

Having had a ruptured disk then back surgery, I had severe cramps and spasms from my toes to the ham strain and lower back pain for several years, before and after surgery. Flexeril completely prevented the uncontrollable cramps and spasms; so much so, I would stop taking the medication only to find that I had to continue to take regularly for nearly 2 years while my nerve healed. During the last year, I only needed 10mg per day just before going to sleep to control the cramps that came just as I went to sleep. Very excellent medication, did not cause any drowsiness or other side effects.

Related Reading: lower back pain

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 16

I have severe advanced degenerative disc disease. I have been taking FLEXERIL for 5+years. Without it I have severe muscle cramps and spasms in my upper and lower legs. Negative - caused extremely dry mouth. Not being aware of how to take care of the dry mouth led to the loss of ALL of my teeth. Teeth had been examined 8 mo.s prior to a small cavity. When the dentist examined my teeth he found that there was not a single tooth that could be saved due to root and internal decay. Sure do not like these false teeth. Tried stopping taking flexeril for 2 days and the leg cramps, etc. was so bad that I will put up with the dry mouth and very dry skin. Wondering of possible effect on my hair. It has become extremely dry??

Related Reading: muscle cramps | dry mouth | dry skin

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 22

with fibromyalgia, I use it to get deep sleep. It works very well. I have had to increase my dose from 10mg to 20mg over a ten year period.

Comment from: 35-44 (Patient) Published: September 21

I first used this drug when I was in a car wreck. This medicine was the only thing that helped ease the pain, expecially in the beginning of PT.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 17

I have had problems with my neck for years.I dont like prescription drugs I think they are scary but i cant take advil at all so my doctor recommended it I couldnt be more pleased it works wonders and best part no scary side effects "ie" its non habit forming.. other then a little sleepy wich is fine I take at night as needed this drug is so benificial and mild it should be made avaliable otc it works well for a person that cant take other otc meds that have same benifit "ie" advil

Comment from: Jason, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 04

I take this medication in addition to Ultram and Ibuprofen to cope with muscle spasms.I get this from a pinched sciatic nerve due to degenerative disc disease. It helps me deal with it but I still ache. My side effects include dizziness and weakness, extreme dry mouth and difficulty swallowing.

Related Reading: Ultram | Ibuprofen | muscle spasms