Flexeril User Reviews

Flexeril - User Reviews

Flexeril User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Flexeril sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Ihearya, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 05

I am 38yr old. I have Fibromyalgia, leg pains from Superficial clots and muscle spasms under my ribs that it hurts to breath. I've been on Flexeril now for almost a year and it has been a wonder drug for me! It makes me sleepy ONLY if I'm tired. It will relax your muscles like valium but without the nausea. I also get Massage therapy which helps a LOT. You just feel relaxed. It takes about 15 min to start taking effect. No side effects outside of feeling sleepy.

Related Reading: valium

Comment from: JillGa, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 15

My dr suggested that I only take 5mg per night which is perfect. Taking this dose does not give me a hung over feeling in the morning and I get a good nights rest which makes a huge difference in my muscle spasms the next day.

Comment from: cara1976, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 14

It was a relief to be able to have available to me a medication to ease chronic pain. Flexeril did not make me drowsy, interfere with any other medications I may take, and truthfully eased my discomfort, enabling me to again focus on finding the root of my medical issues and of course in much better shape to enjoy and care for my family and perform well in my line of work.

Related Reading: chronic pain

Comment from: AJ, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 03

I was prescribed this medication in September 2007 for severe back muscle spasms. I was also prescibed Percoset to take w/it as needed. When my back did not seem to be really getting better after several months I had an MRI done & found that I have a severely herniated disc in my lower back. I tried the steriod injections (3 rounds total) w/no relief. I have remained on the origninal dosage of Flexeril along w/the Percoset as needed and I have noticed if I over do it and don't take the Flexeril at night, I have alot of pain in the morning. I haven't had to take more than 1 tablet a day in at least 8 months and I am very pleased w/the relief I get from the medication.

Related Reading: herniated disc

Comment from: 25-34 (Patient) Published: February 23

I was put on this drug for a long-term basis, which it says is not recommended. I finally decided to stop taking it since I couldn't see any benefit and I am also on 13 other prescriptions each month. When I stopped taking it, within 3 days I began to have severe esophogeal spasms. I have had a heart attack and a stroke and these spasms totally resembled the heart attack. Be very aware that going off of it may cause problems.

Related Reading: heart attack | stroke

Comment from: kris, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 31

I have taken this medication for neck muscle cramping and menstral cramping. It works fine for these symptoms, however it knocks me right out. I have to practically be in bed before taking it or I fall deeply asleep wherever I am. I also feel very disoriented and sleepy for hours after taking a nap with this pill. Hope this helps.

Comment from: akg, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 26

I was prescribed this medication (10mg) for spasms in my neck, but I also have 2 bulging discs and disc degeneration in my lower back and suffer extreme tightness and stiffness as well as muscle spasms from that. I took it for the first time last night and have felt absolutely horrible all day. My vision was blurred for much of the morning and I have felt so drugged and hung over that despite the pain, I don't think I will ever take it again. I can't even say that the stiffness in my neck and back was any better this morning. Diazapam (5mg) knocks me out when I take it too, but if I make sure to take that 8 hours before I want to get up, I'm fine. Thankfully, I listened to my pharmacist who recommended that I wait until a weekend to try the cyclobenzaprine, because I would never be able to function and take care of my two young children on this medicine had it been a week day.

Comment from: me, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 15

The issue that I have is that I am having vivid and horrible nightmears. and seeing things on the ceiling, like spiders and spagetty like stuff that moves around. I have blurred vision and dry mouth as well. It knocks me out, totally. I am gettion off of this med.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain