Flomax User Reviews

Flomax - User Reviews

Flomax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Flomax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bubbabad, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 29

I am a 44 year old male that has just started the treatment for enlarged prostate. My biggest concern is that my sex life has crashed. The lack of semen & decreased libido is so frustrating. Is there anything that can help this?

Comment from: Ben, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 16

I'm a 62 yr. old male taking Flomax for about approx. 2 months. Ive experienced Ears Ringing, dribling after urinating, running nose & stuffy sinuses, Flu symtoms, sleeplessness after 4hrs of going to bed. pounding headaches, no ejaculation of seman, achy feeling in legs with hip pain when I get up to walk (this one I have not read anybody having), that all go way when I stop taking it for two days. At times I can pee a good stream. At night not good at all usually. Up at night as much. I thought this one was better than the rest. At first it was. I was on Hytrin (or terazosin) until my Heart rate plumited to 38 and I was Hospitalized. Outside of this issue the Hytrin was OK for a fare number of yrs. I think I will get off this drug too.

Related Reading: Flomax | Flu | Hytrin

Comment from: Eric T., 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 16

Because of frequent painful urination my doctor precribed 4mg Flomax daily. I took for a month. Side effects were terrible so I stopped without telling the doctor. ED developed and I lost my sex life which is not tolerable. Constipation came in, 12 years old sinus returned, frequent wake up at night, exhausted easily. It relieved me of difficult urination and that's all the benifit I got. I tried Saw Plameto together with Cranberry extract caps instead. Works wonderful. All Flomax side effects gone. ED is no longer there and I got my sex life back. If the side effects of a drug outweighs its benifits, I consider the drug to be useless. Drug manufacturer should know better than that. My side effects are not isolated because you will find them in most other reviews.

Related Reading: Constipation

Comment from: popuhpope, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 19

I have been unable to ejaculate, and or if any very little. Interupted ejaculation. Ugg!! I have been on this medication since sept. 1st.. Today is the 19th.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 04

I am a 56yr. old with BPH. I was initially perscribed Finasteride(Proscar) for my symptoms. Worked very good at first. Took away 90% of my symptoms. They gradually started coming back after about 3 months. Dr put me on a combined Tamsulosin(flomax) & finasteride(proscar)treatment. Worked good as far as increaseing my urine stream. Noticed side affects from the first week, and they incresed as treatment went on. I've been taking both for 3 months and stopped taking the tamsulosin(flomax) 2 days ago. I was experiencing drowsiness at first but after a week that started going away but noticed increasing problem with insommia. Nose was alwys stuffy to varing degrees, decreased sex drive, itiching bowel sack, shortness of breath, stated feeling like my heart was becoming almost restrictive. 2 days off and stuffy nose, heart problem, shortness of breath all have gone away. I am going to see my doctor today about this problem but probably will not go back to the tamsulosin(flomax).

Related Reading: Proscar

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 16

I wanted to pass on a possible treatment for sexual side effects. My urinary symptoms improved noticeably within 10 days of starting Flomax treatment. However, I experienced sexual side effects about 18 days after beginning treatment, having no or almost no ejaculate. I realized that I had stopped using Saw Palmetto a couple of days previously since I was on Flomax. It occurred to me that the on-set of sexual side effects might be related to stopping use of saw palmetto so I went back on saw palmetto the next day. I saw an immediate improvement in ejaculate volume that night which was Valentines Day (volume of ejaculate appeared to be normal). I have stayed on both Flomax and Saw Palmetto since and have been free of noticeable sexual side effects. I just wanted to pass on my experience although this is strictly anecdotal evidence without Doctor input.

Related Reading: sexual

Comment from: AntarcticSky, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 19

Diagnosed w/ BPH after a year of dealing with occasional symptoms of weak stream and frequent urge to urinate. Took Flomax initially (two months)--with almost immediate positive effect, then switched to Uroxatral for two months. It seemed as if the Flowmax was more effective, so I have been using it again for the past 8 months (1x0.4mg capsule/days). Noticable side effects include significant reduction in semen output and moderate sex drive reduction. Haven't experienced other side effects noted by others here except very rarely I experience runny nose and ear ringing.

Related Reading: Uroxatral