Flomax User Reviews

Flomax - User Reviews

Flomax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Flomax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: DavidM, Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 07

have no problems with remaining flacid, but have semen problems; sometimes no semen, sometimes just a little bit of semen ejaculate - has anyone else had muscle weakness problems?

Comment from: SeanP, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 07

Flomax has given me blurry vision and make it difficult to read with progressive lens. I also interferes with my sleep and my sex functioning. My insurance co stopped paying for it and I gave it up and have adjusted with dietary changes

Comment from: gljohnson, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

I am a 57 yr old female........aha, surprise. My uroligist ordered this for me when I was suffering from kidney stone. (even my pharmacist questioned this one) It did help open up the flow, and gave me some relief, so altho it's a drug made for man it is also helpful to women.

Comment from: crewcut, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 04

I was getting up 5-6 times a night before flomax. It cut down my night time trips to the bathroom almost immediatley. But after a few weeks they began returning. At three months, doc doubled dosage. Same pattern again. I had almost immediate relief but after a few weeks, I was waking up 2-3 times again. I have lost a lot of my sexual drive. Ejaculations are dry. I'm back to being tired all the time. I am now seeing a urologist to weigh surgical options.

Comment from: Terry, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 26

I'm a 58 years old. I used to get up 4 or 5 times every night. Flomax has decreased this number to 1 or 2. However, because of the side effects I'm stopping immediately. I have sleep apena and Flomax has caused nasual congestion making it difficult to breath. On top of that I'm experiencing dry mouth, insomnia, pounding heart, and irritability. If you have sleep apena DO NOT take this drug !!!

Related Reading: dry mouth | insomnia

Comment from: p, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 24

I have been taking 2 .4 mg caps nightly and the only adverse affect is no semen. Kinda weird. Good strong stream again,sleep all night. No more painful urination. Just strange orgasms

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 13

My urinary flow has improved a little. Less frequency. However, within the first day of taking the drug, my ejaculation produces zero semen. This is very discouraging and I immediatley got off the drug. The side effect is not permanent.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 30

my body has completely stop creating semen i am 27 yrs. old

Comment from: sightman10, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 27

I have taken Flomax 0.4mg for 3 years now and have had changes in my vision.. Blurred vision and my right eye can only be corrected to 20/40 / My ophlamologist said it could be the effect of this drug.. I hope I do not have permanent vision loss because of this drug.. Have you heard of this side effect. What can I do about this if the drug has caused a visual change that cannot be corrected? I am not taking this anymore and hope maybe things will improve.. If not I guess I am stuck with loss of vision in my right eye.. Do you know what can be done about this. RM

Comment from: spider2009, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 16

I will urinate 3-4 times a night. I started to take Flomax earlier this month. My doctor told me to take for a minimum 7 days and I would feel some improvement. Early in taking the Flomax, I have experienced dry ejaculation. First time happening and a uncomfortable feeling. I stopped taking. A week later I started taking again after seeing the same doctor who prescribe it. In the last couple of days out of nowhere, I've become stuffy and then my heart starts to pound in my chest.It makes me feel as if I am having a heart attack. Prior to taking Flomax, I've not had these symptoms before and the amount of urinating has not decreased. I will stop taking the Flomax immediately. Personally, I am very uncomfortable with this medication. I rather take nothing and deal with the original problem.

Related Reading: heart attack