Flomax User Reviews

Flomax - User Reviews

Flomax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Flomax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Benson13848, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 25

This Drug Have Given Me So Many Side Effects: Backache Dizzy Problems With Ejaculation, Or None At All Feeling Faint Drowsiness Hives Rash Heart Pounding Giant Hives Itching Steam Still Weak, This Was Why I Was Taking This Drug. Not Worth It, Stay Away From This drug. I have Call My Dr. And I Told Her I want Off This Drug, ASP. Good Luck, And As I Writting This Note, I Have Back Pain.

Related Reading: Hives | Rash | Itching

Comment from: Exit 54, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 12

I am 55, male, and have been on flomax for 1 1/2 mo. The only thing I have experienced is restless sleep. My sex life is great. I do not understand why there is so much talk about ED, in fact this seems to give me more erections. Does anyone else agree?

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 09

Has slowed down night-time urination to once or twice a night. Big improvement. However I am experiencing nearly all the side effects.IE: faster pulse, no semen usually, insomnia, blocked sinuses at night making sleep difficult, lower quality orgasms etc. I wish a better drug would come out!

Comment from: feelingood, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 16

It worked very well at improving urinary flow, and took effect within 2 weeks, but during the second month of use I developed a severe reaction that seemed very similar to Seborrheic Eczema. Started at rectum, then groin, genitals, underarms, back of ears, scalp. Stopped Flomax for 4 or 5 months and most, but not all, of reaction cleared up. Went back on Flomax for 1 month and toward end of month reaction started to return. Stopped it for good now. Too bad - it worked well at the intended problem. (To this date I still cannot get rid of the last 2 patches of the rash/itch/"dandruf": outside one elbow and small area front of scalp.)

Related Reading: Eczema

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 19

I've been taking this medication for just over a week. I've experienced some of the side effects discussed here including dry mouth, stuffy nose, head rush after squating down and then standing, I also seem to not sleep well after about 4 hours. It seems to have totally relieved the syptoms of BPH though. I may seek a natural product in an effort to see how those work compared to this drug.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 02

I was put on this as post operative medication for a TUNA procedure. And have become very disheartened with the fact that my ejaculations went from strong and substantial amounts to completely no ejaculations at all. I hope this is not permanent

Comment from: travlinman, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 06

Flomax, extremely effective as short-term remedy. I was nearly in retention and had noticeable improvement literally overnite. While I did not have any of the other side-effects others described, the sexual side-effects were unacceptable. Switched to Uroxatral which took a few days to a week to kick in, but without the sexual side-effects for me. Unfortunately, had to discontinue use after 5-6 months because of acute shortness of breath, which is not even in the literature. The key to this is Avodart, which shrinks the prostate. Once its size is reduced enough to release its strangle-hold on the bladder, I found I could discontinue the other drugs.But continue to take Selenium and Saw Palmetto. While surgical procedures continue to improve, I was not willing to run even a small 5-10% risk of permanent sexual disfunction.

Related Reading: Avodart

Comment from: jimski, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 17

Have taken Flomax for about 5-6 years.Initially Flomax was effective in regulating urine flow and reducing frequency of urination. However it has become less and less effective in last six months. Now seems to be almost completely ineffective