Flonase User Reviews

Flonase - User Reviews

Flonase User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Flonase sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: lwestman, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 01

I was prescribed Flonase and started taking it every day - my sinus problems were gone instantly. HOWEVER, after six weeks of using the drug, I have finally located the source of stress in my life: FLONASE. I have been overly anxious, unable to focus, filled with anxiety that I didn't even think I had (causing me to make some VERY bad decisions), unable to sleep properly, having very vivid dreams, AND RAPID WEIGHT GAIN. I gained twenty pounds since I've started taking Flonase. I am going back to using Advil Cold/Sinus and using my Neti Pot. I will deal with phlegm as long as I can be myself again.

Related Reading: Flonase | stress | anxiety

Comment from: sugarmag80, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 01

I started using generic Flonase about a year ago for mild nasal congestion due to allergies (1-2 squirts in each nostril once a day). It worked well almost immediately. Since then, I have gradually experienced the following side effects: • dry inside of nose • acne (I used to have some very slight acne from time to time, but it got much worse and spread to my chest) • enlarged face around my cheeks and jawline • irregular periods • worsened night vision I stopped the medication 2 weeks ago and my acne has completely cleared up. I'm hoping everything else will go back to normal, too.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: D, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 30

Flonase (generic) worked well for my allergy symptoms BUT after taking Flonase for about 1 month I started getting migrains with bright lights, blurred vision and floaters. Never had migrains prior. The only different thing I was doing was using Flonase. I haven't used Flonase in 3 days and so far so good - I'll see what happens. Very scary experience. I won't use it again.

Related Reading: allergy | floaters

Comment from: jakeman21, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 01

Used Flonase for one year and totally lost my sense of smell. Havent used in 3 years and still can't smell. Anyone else? Friend has same experience. I know zinc based nasal sprays have been sued for this but can't find a lawyer yet to take my case. This drug should be off the market.

Comment from: sara, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 16

I have taken Flonase with Allegra-D for 6 days. It works great for my allergies but I stopped taking both last night because of the terrible side-effects. I have a hard time falling asleep, vivid dreams, wake up waay too early and can't go back to sleep. I have a thickness at the back of my throat and a tightness in my chest and throat. I am also really really irratable and achey. I am going to try just a saline spray and back to clariten, it doesn't work as well but the side effects aren't worth it.

Related Reading: Allegra-D | sleep

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 23

I am a 45 year old female who developed posterior sub capsular cataracts in both eyes after using generic Flonase for 2 years as prescribed. It cleared up my sinuses great but I had to have lens replacement in both eyes and my vision has not been the same since. Use a NeilMed Sinus Rinse Kit instead and an antihistamine instead-- much safer.

Related Reading: cataracts

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 08

Horrible reaction to this drug. I only used it for 4 days and every time I used it I got a slight tingling sensation in my tongue. After the 4th day I woke up and realized my tongue felt burnt and rough as well as numb. My lips were numb too and my throat is very sore. I also lost a great deal of smell and taste. I'm so worried this will never get better. I keep reading the smell and taste never comes back. I'm so mad!! It was not worth it at all!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 19

The first time I used it I stopped because I didn't feel it working. Went back to the Dr. and she told me how to use it properly. Shake, prime, insert high in the nose and point it towards the inner eye. After I used it correctly I found it worked great. I take it once a day. Have not had any side affects. You need to wean off of it.