Flonase User Reviews

Flonase - User Reviews

Flonase User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Flonase sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: holly, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 15

i could breathe, but the constant head aches and lack of energy is soo not worth it. when i realized my symptons were from the nasal spray and i stopped taking i felt normal again!

Comment from: OnyJohnny5, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 03

I have bin using 2 puffs each once a day Flonase (Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray) for a month now, i noticed the first day i used it i got dizzy but i thought it was from a hot shower, then like 2 weeks later again i got dizzy i was a lil worried so i said let me use it for another week or so and again i got dizzy i feel pressure in the back of my head like a bad headache and weakness and anxiety so i stoped using it for almost a week and still feel this way i wounder how long will it take to go away??

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: John Q., 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 24

I am glad that this medication has worked for so many. My experience was a nightmare, which involved severe headaches,chest and back pain( thought I was having a heart attack at one point. All went away after I took my self off of this medication. Never Again.

Related Reading: heart attack

Comment from: dpelton1992, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 23

On my way back to doctor/ER due to SEVERE REACTION SWELLING NASAL AND THROAT SHUT, WHITE PATCHES OF FUNGUS ALL OVER MY THROAT, STAY AWAY FROM THIS DRUG!!! I have NEVER had an alergic reaction to any drug and this one has nearly KILLED ME!!! Employer would not let me leave work to go to doctor and ex-wife has me driving 40 miles to see my son on Thursday, so if I am still alive tomorrow, I will once AGAIN try to get my doctor to respond to my reaction! DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION, IT IS WAY OVERATED AND MAY KILL YOU!!!

Comment from: krystale77, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 20

I have been taking this medicine for a week. It seems to help with the allergies, but on about the 6th day I noticed uneasy feelings, nervousness, aditated feeling. On 7th day had blurred vision while driving, 8th day blurred visioin while working. My docotor recommended I try Planase instead. I think I will. Did not work for me.

Comment from: JoAnn, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 07

This product really clears up my stuffy nose and prevents sinus infections. However, I have been taking over 5 years and now my nose bleeds quite often and the inside and outside of my nose hurts. I am afraid to discontinue, I don't want another sinus infection. But I may have to because the bleeding is not getting any better.

Related Reading: sinus infection

Comment from: I'm_IL_LY, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 22

I've always suffered with allergy rhinitis and ended up with a horribly stuffy nose. This is the first product that has ever relieved and reversed the situation. Take note that you must use the medicine as directed. When I was first prescribed this medicine my nose had literally locked up. From all the blowing of mucus and the increased inflammation I could not breath out my nose at all. My doctor prescribed this to me along with pseudoephedrine and Zyrtec and by that night I could start to breath through my nose again. At that time my prescription was to take one spray up each nostril a day. I followed the instructions that came with the spray recently because my nasal congestion was very painful again. I used 2 sprays a day. One when I woke up and one when I went to bed. Finally, my symptoms have subsided and my inflamation has went down and I can breath again. I could breath better after about 3 days. Although its a slow acting medicine at times, because it takes repeated use, it does work which many nasal sprays across the counter rarely do. I've now switched back to one spray a day and will stop using it after this week is over with. For me, I don't have to use this product everyday/all the time. I use it for my symptoms, then I use it for another week after my symptoms are gone and I'm alright. Every now and then I may use a spray up each nostril when I feel that pressure in my nose as if my allergies are going to go hay wire or when I sneeze alot. I would highly recommend this product.

Related Reading: Zyrtec

Comment from: sonata33, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 27

I actually started with Nasacort for Spring and Fall seasonal allergies ( and a bit of travel), then switched to Flonase when that became available (less $$$). I noticed, first with the Nasacort, that my sense of smell was a bit "off": kept smelling a bit of "Cinnamon" (I thought) the first year. Second year--smelled like "Grasses" ...not too bad. At some point I switched to the Flonase. Now I started smelling things like garbage and rot(!) All while doing GREAT for my allergy symptoms. However, I noticed it was taking longer for "normal" smell to return after season; and finally it got where I was waiting longer & longer for ANY smell to return! (This can start affecting taste as well.) This concerned me seriously, and I won't use it any more. Tried something else last year (put in me in deep drowse by day 3)--and still trying to decide if I will try the Omnaris my doc has provided. I may just stick with Claritin/Fexofenidine.

Related Reading: Omnaris | Claritin