Florinef User Reviews

Florinef - User Reviews

Florinef User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Florinef sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Gerda, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 14

Florinef did wonders for my fainting spells and blood pressure, BUT, is it just me or does Florinef make you fat??

Comment from: karen, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 13

I have been diagnosed with orthostatic intolerance, I've been taking this for 11 months and have decressed my fainting by 80%. However,I still fill dizzy upon standing and I did gain 30 lbs. in the first 8 months. I went from 100 lbs to 135 lbs. I would like to know if anyone else has had this side effect?

Comment from: roxanne, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 27

Father has Parkinsons and bp drops when standing. This seemed to even out his pressure, but did not do much for the fainting feeling. Serious side effect was severe loss of potassium. Beware- we have had to stop this drug.

Comment from: Potsy, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 11

Using this for treatment of POTS. It was a little difficult to find the proper dosage as there seems to be a delayed effect of a few weeks. I have had some trouble with headaches but they go away when I drop the dose slightly. I am much more of a functional person with this drug, though not as "normal" as I used to be I would hate to try and manage my POTS without this. I have tried several times to wean myself off this drug very slowly to see if I can function without it but with no luck.

Comment from: u, on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 15

Collapsed & died as a result with no information given when handed these tablets. 24hrs on tablets with high doses.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 27

This drug gave me massive migraines and I only been taken it for 4 days,the migraines went away when I stopped taken them. These migraines felt really bad enough to make my eyes hurt and pressure to my head,also made me feel nauseous and couldn't function.

Comment from: annie, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 26

i stii get dizzy spells but not as bad

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 28

I have a congenital disease and I have been taking this drug for 23 yrs. and it seems to do its job.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 04

I have been on this med for four years for POTS symptoms. The med I was put on to lower heart rate also lowered my blood pressure to the point of could hardly function. Florinef helped keep blood pressure for dropping so low.

Comment from: westabby, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 27

It has made my blood pressure stay leveled but I have "brain fog" and stay sleepy. My vision stays blurry as well. Does anyone else have this problem? How do you know if your potassium is low?

Comment from: exmoor, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 08

Since taking Florinef, I have had "anxiety" attacks.Has any other user had a similar experience? I have been taking Florinef to help retain salt.

Comment from: YANKEE, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 12

MY FEET AND LEGS HAVE SWOLLEN BACK UP AGAIN.ONE DOCTOR PUTS ME ON AND ONE TAKES ME OFF DUE TO THE FEET & LEGS SWOLLEN

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 18

I have been taking this drug for a month, I have neurocardiogenic syncope, and the cardiologist that treats me since I was a teen said that it would help the lightheaded feeling....I also take 2 other drugs to treat symptoms related to this diagnosis and I have felt more dizzy on this drug than I did before I started it. It has not helped, and I intend to talk to my doctor about stopping it really soon. This drug may be effective for some people, but not for me.

Parenting and Pregnancy

Get tips for baby and you.