Flovent HFA User Reviews

Flovent HFA - User Reviews

Flovent HFA User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Flovent HFA sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jerzie7, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 08

My four year old son has been on this medication for only one month, but it has been the craziest month ever. He is a totally different child. He is always super hyper, and before he was the calmest kid ever. Everyone sees the difference. He gets upset easy and back talks about everything. He also just doesn't look like he feels good. He has dark circles under his eyes, and he isn't eating very much so he looks pale and skinny. He has always been thin, but he is really showing it. All the doctors say he is normal, but I am really bothered by it, but afraid to stop it because he has really bad asthma attacks without it.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: alinsfnm, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 28

Though I have friends who take this and are doing well on it, it was a real disaster for me. I didn't know why at first, but I had to take more than the reccommended dose to get the same effectiveness as the inhaler I had been taking. Then, over the next few weeks and months, I got side effects including: bruising on my arms, rise in blood sugar, and increased susceptibility to infection. By the time I had figured out what was going on, I'd had pneumonia and my asthma was worse. By the time a doctor finally said that research showed Flowvent could cause bruising, I had deduced that it had got into my blood stream somehow and caused these symptoms. Clearly my experience is NOT true of the majority who use Flovent. It is a wonderful solution for many asthmatics. But if someone experiences bruising and/or symptoms similar to oral cortico-steroids, my personal experience suggests that some other cortico-steroid inhaler would be better for that individual. :-o (PS: it tasted like hybiscus to me, but you just can's go by my sense of taste!)

Related Reading: pneumonia | Flovent

Comment from: mom, 3-6 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 21

My son is 6 years old and was taking Singular, had developed severe behavior problems so the doctor put him on Flovent HFA 44mg and since he has been taking it for the last 2 months he is having even worse problems. Aggressiveness, hating everything and everyone, always wanting to be alone instead of with his friends. Do not recommend.

Related Reading: Flovent HFA

Comment from: christina, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 16

since the da i got on this drug i have felt like i was getting the flu, however i haver had my flu shot so i knew it wasnt that .every day has gotten worse so today i looked up the side effects . and wouldnt you know everything i have been feeling is listed on there.i gue4ss its back to my dr and t5ry again . this one just wont do. i havae enough problems without serious side effects. but that does not mean every one willl have them . i just know from past allways look up side effects if you start feeling funny.

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: Lady Surprise, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 24

This is only my second day and already I feel great! I'm not tired anymore and I can breath normal. This stuff is great!

Comment from: mugg's, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 26

have mild copd from smoking this helps to control shortness of breath along with daily spiriva

Related Reading: smoking | spiriva

Comment from: Darth42, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 08

Been on treatment for only 3 days (2x per day) and have noticed a considerable improvement. I have not had any major asthma triggers while on Flovent. For the first time since I was diagnosed with asthma, I did not use my inhaler during exercise yesterday. I have had no side effects whatsoever, and I was concerned I would have major throat/upper respiratory tract irritation (Advair did that to me and I had to stop taking it). The only negative thing about Flovent is the retail price of approx. $235 for a 2-month supply. However, many health insurance providers cover some of the cost like mine. Other than that, I have been extremely satisfied with Flovent and able to enjoy living without the anxiety of wondering when my next flare up will occur.

Related Reading: anxiety