Flovent HFA User Reviews

Flovent HFA - User Reviews

Flovent HFA User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Flovent HFA sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: pdekyoung, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 17

concerned about easy and frequent bleeding under the skin which seems to increase with length of use

Comment from: Rod, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 09

Great drug. I can tell when I forget to take it. Since my heart surgery, I've had shortness of breath. This has really helped reduce that symptom.

Comment from: blossom, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 14

Since Aerobid is no longer being made, I needed a replacement (I took it with Serevent for many years). I tried this medication (Flovent) and got no benefit - only bad side effects. It caused uncontrollable, nonstop cough, rapid heartbeat, asthma attack, and wheezing. Also caused me to have almost lost my voice, sore throat, and leg cramps. I could only take this twice before stopping. Had to use my nebulizer to stop the coughing/wheezing caused by this medication.

Related Reading: Aerobid | sore throat

Comment from: restless in ridgeville, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 07

My 8 yr old son has been on this for over a year- he only takes during winter months so a cold doesn't cause his asthma to flare up-he takes 1 puff a day- he is off of it from June to October- it has been great for him- however recently he had a viral infection which caused a cough so as the doctor directed we upped the dose to 2 puffs twice a day. It's been 5 days and he now has trouble sleeping-no energy-nose is stayiong stuffed. I am decreasing his dose back to one puff a day-2 puffs twice a day is obviously too much!

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 28

I have used this med for over 6 years and it has managed asthma very well and only need rescue inhaler occasionally. My Dr. said I could try going off it after the allergy season was overbut I immediately got conge so have been on it ever since. I do bruise easily and bleed under the skin from a minor bump, but I can breathe!

Comment from: tho97, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 07

This is a great med. I take 2 puffs 2 a day. It really helps. My friends and teachers can see when I haven't took it. My teachers send me to the nurse right away. This is a great med. I use a spacer when I take Flovent. I makes it easier to take.

Comment from: Dina, 3-6 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 14

my 6 year old son has been on this med for 1 year recently hasnt had no effect on him so dr. up dose from 44 mcg to 110 mcg twice a day today he just started should make a big diffrents.

Comment from: lighthouse, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 23

I have noticed a big improvement after using flovent. My wheezing is almost 100 percent improved and my breathing is better also. Don't use rescue inhaler hardly ever now!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 01

I have used this periodically for a couple years and when I am in my high asthma season it really helps to calmm things down. I generally use in the spring and then am good for the rest of the year. I just need to remember to start before the asthma kicks in.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 17

It never really worked for me.

Comment from: 0-2 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: November 28

My daughter who is 18 months old has not had any severe troubles breathing since she started Flovent, however she has behavior problems, severe temper tantrums, anger and crazy mood swings. My other two boys 3 and 6 also take Flovent and are hyper after taking it but have showed no behavior problems. Her doctors are reconsidering keeping her on it because of the side effects.