Flovent User Reviews

Flovent - User Reviews

Flovent User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Flovent sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: courtmom, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 31

My 9 yr old daughter has recently been on flovent daily for the past month. It has helped her recover..... however, I have noticed that her appetite has increased ALOT! She is constantly hungry. Has anyone ever had this type of side effect? Should I be concerned?

Related Reading: flovent

Comment from: Hypo, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 27

I have Asthma MY ENTIRE LIFE! Been on Flovent for many years. I have noticed that the drug has increased my metabolism over time on the drug. I now have to EAT every 2.5 hours otherwise I have low blood sugar readings on the glucose monitor (below 60). IF YOUR KIDS ARE ANGRY ON THE MED just feed them every 3 hours. You will notice a big change. This drug is good for Asthma symptoms but bad for the body. The doctors never want to discuss the long term effect of this drug on the body BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO IDEA what it does! Get a blood glucose monitor and check your kids blood sugar reading at onset of their angry spell,etc. I would guess there blood glucose is dropping to levels which display symptoms of hypoglycemia. Just trying to help all the little ones who cannot express themselves except get angry. Peace

Related Reading: Asthma | hypoglycemia

Comment from: SandsFL, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 07

My 6 yr. old son took Flovent for over a month. During this time his classroom teacher, t-ball coach, and his parents (me) noticed an emotional change. My son would become very emotional. He cried A LOT. I took him off Flovent (thank goodness) I have my son back.

Comment from: mamamay, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 10

My son has been on this for the past few weeks. He is clingy, cries over the slightest thing, is getting in trouble at school now, etc. I was curious about whether the medication had something to do with it since the timing fits. I looked on this website and see that he is not the only one. I will be seeing if there is a non-steroid he can take to manage his asthma. Thanks for all who posted, at least now we can make a better plan for the little guy!!

Comment from: Laural, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: October 01

This is for my daughter, and I don't understand some of the side effects she had. She is 4 and got depressed, and wouldn't play with other kids, stopped eating, and of course lost weight. I would make her favorite foods and she would take a few bites and quit. since she has been off this she is back to her normal self. Playing with other kids and most important of all eating again. if there is an alternative to flovent I would love to know what that is. I don't know my own child when she is on this medicine.

Comment from: jude, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 14

One of the side effects is throat irritation. That is such a huge understatement. It is searing-burning pain. Can't sleep.Ice is of no help. Anyone know how long it takes to resolve?

Comment from: Nancy, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 11

Flovent is the only asthma prevention drug that has worked for me. Once I was unable to get a refill for a couple of weeks, and I noticed a significant difference in my lung capacity, wheezing and chronic cough.

Related Reading: prevention | cough

Comment from: joeypresley, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 09

I think Flovent saved my life. I have been taking Flovent for at least five years and have not had one single attack. Thank you who ever developed this life saving drug.

Comment from: froggyisdaqueen, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 28

i barely have to use my albuterol while taking this med.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

My chest and throat were burning so bad from flovent. It also made my breathing worse. I told my dr he insisted that I keep taking it. I took it for over a month then discontinued it on my own. Don't always listen to DRs listen to your body. Once I stopped taking this medication the burning went away and my breathing got better