Floxin User Reviews

Floxin - User Reviews

Floxin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Floxin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: toastee, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 11

Need help with info on this drug, and what may be happening to me now. Took this drug in 1995 when a mysterious uti popped up and would not go away for 4 months. After 4 months decided to change way of thinking and pain went away. (Maybe it was psychosomatic, I had broken up with a long time recently girlfriend and was afraid she gave me something.) I am a by nature a very calm laid back person, but a few months after taking this medication I was coming home from the gym and my hands started to go numb, I almost made it home when i had to pull over and I started to shake and convulse. I had trouble driving for about 3 months after this episode, especiialy if I were in traffic. The condition went away, condition came back in 2003 and I became a full blown agorophobic, and would get panic attacks 10 times or more a day. Went thru the anxiety training to calm myself down and I got over it slowly, although it does come back from time to time. Over the years have been taking the drug cyprofloxin for prostate problems, and just recently had noticed i had a reaction to it. Took a small small tiny amount of cipro (I had cut) a week ago and an hour later had a full BLOWN panic attack where it felt as though my heart was coming out of my chest and I was shaking so bad that i cut open a benedryl and took it to counteract the medicine. I have always wondered why such a laid back person as myself has an anxiety condition, till it hit me today with putting my recent reaction to taking cipro to when I started the floxin drug years ago. could tehse drugs be causing the whole problem and have they done permanent damage that I must live with this the rest of my life? Just to let you know, those drugs for anxiety never helped me either, and a 6 week dosage schedule of paxil did worse for my body than anything else before it. Has anyone else gone thru this?

Related Reading: panic attacks | anxiety | cipro

Comment from: peggy51, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 17

I was given this drug after receiving a bit on my finger by my cat - preventative med. The Urgent Care doctor that treated the wound told me to take one pill right away (early PM) and another later that evening (at bedtime) - earlier than recommended 2nd dose. I did what he advised - took the 2nd pill before bedtime. Here's what happened: I awoke out of a deep sleep at 3 AM feeling very anxious and a bit confused, and realized as well that I could think just fine, but could not speak without difficulty. I had a hard time telling my husband what was wrong. Managed to get out - "can't speak - call doctor." We called my dr. who said that wasn't a "usual" drug reaction. He suggested waiting for 10 min to see if symptoms continued, and so we did. The aphasia eventually went away, but I have refused to take this drug since then. It's on my "allergic to" list I give every doctor I see. I also won't allow it to be prescribed to my children. It was the most frightening drug reaction I've ever had. Granted, perhaps I was overdosed, due to the Urgent Care doctor's shoddy advice to double the dose in less than 24 hours, but who wants to take the risk again?

Related Reading: sleep | aphasia

Comment from: I. Cindy, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 02

Please beware of this medicine, I had forgotten that I had taken this medicine about 10 years before and had halucinations, faintness,nausea, and extreme headache. This time taking it I had just taken it and with in 10 minutes I had extreme headache, nausea, faintness, rapid heartbeat and was taken by ambulance to hospital. If you feel any signs of not feeling well with this medicine, I suggest to stop taking it immediatly and request another prescription.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 30

I BELIEVE THIS KILLED MY FATHER, HE TOOK IT AND EXACTLY 1 HOUR LATER, HE SAID OH MY GOD MY HEAD HURTS, AND FELL OVER AND DIED

Comment from: dizzid, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 16

Experienced severe nausea, diarrhea, stomach cramps, joint pains, headaches, breathlessness and dizziness. Am afraid to resume exercising.

Related Reading: diarrhea | dizziness

Comment from: ladybug42, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 31

I had the exact same reaction as "Toastee"-one of the threee who have reviewed this drug. I was driving when it hit me, I became disoriented, convulsive, heart racing, scared, tingling and numbness were in my hands and feet and had to call an ambulance. Within a week I became Agorophobic, didn't drive for three months, I had panic attacks all day long and realized it was "FLOXIN" that was causing this - and I only took "1" pill. It ruined my central nervous system! I finally went to a psychiatrist, who had a similar reaction when she took it, and she put me on Prozac...which saved my life! I stayed on it for 11 years and finally got off of it. Sometimes the pancik attacks will try to come back, but the breathing techiniques they taught me work and they go away. I'm appauled that doctors still prescribe this med, knowing its potentially destroying and sometimes fatal side effects!

Related Reading: FLOXIN | Prozac