Focalin XR User Reviews

Focalin XR - User Reviews

Focalin XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Focalin XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kadorn, 7-12 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: July 27

My son has been taking Focalin XR for 2 years. He is a GT student and in the top of his class. I have had so many people tell me of how well behaved my son is. I tell them they should have seen him 2 years ago. He is like a completly different child when it comes to behavior and attention. I have not seen this medication effect who he is. It did not make him droppy or sad looking. He is still a happy go lucky kid that can focus. He is even is a Chess Club (#1 at his school) where he has to be still and quite during competions.

Comment from: misti, 7-12 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 05

This medicine has been the best my child has taken.He has not had any reactions to it.His grades at school have improved and it has not affected his appetite like the other ones he has tried.

Comment from: Jill G., 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 27

Our daughter is almost 7, she started taking focalin xr in November. Started with 5mg now on 10mg. Is doing much better, not acting up in class as much, when she gets upset , she is much easier to calm down. Is much more focused on things she is doing, She can not swollow the pills, so we open them and sprinkle over a spoon full of chocolate pudding. At first we even had a problem getting her to take that, but I made a game out of it, I bet her she couldn't take it before I counted to 10, it was gone before i even got to 2, quick drink of water after and we are good to go. It was causing some appitate loss, so we give it to her after she eats breakfest, works great. Good Luck

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 14

My 6 year old daughter started taking this 1 year ago and her school activity has been 100% better.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 18

I was DX with this problem in my late 40's. I can't tell you how it has changed my life. I think more logically. Have a better memory, and can absorb information and retain it like a sponge. Who thought it affected adults. But it doe's ADHD,it's not just for kids anymore.