Focalin User Reviews

Focalin - User Reviews

Focalin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Focalin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: September 19

Its important to note that you should watch the child on focalin, don't medicate so that the child is a zombie. All children need room to act out and learn from experience. Eating was much easier on Focalin than other stimulants, while they'll say they aren't hungry I can at least get them to eat something, ie fruit, cookies, cheese.

Comment from: Catherinebert, 7-12 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: February 13

My 7yo daughter could have used this in 1st grade, but we did not start until 2nd. Her focus in class, grades and homework have all skyrocketed. We even give her a 2nd dose in the afternoon to help with evening time activities (chores, playing nicely, getting ready for bed). She is taking 20mg, but we started at 5mg.

Comment from: zacheysmom, 3-6 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 26

My son was diagnosied with ADHD this summer. The Doctor told us about focalin, he just told us about the eating and sleeping part. My son does fine while on the medication, but when hes is coming down off medication, he has aggression and realy high anxiety. Then when the medication is completly gone hes hungry. We are suppose to be switching him to something that does not cause this reaction

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 31

My 13 year old daughter was recently diagnosed with inattentive ADHD. So far she has been on it for 2 weeks and have already seen dramatic improvements. I am sorry that it took this long to be diagnosed, had she been on it long before, I think there would have been alot of less heartache. Her comment was " It feels great to be able to think"

Comment from: 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 23

my son is 8 and has been on this medication for about a year. His grades have been steadily improving and they discussing removing him from special ed. He started out on 10mg but he would come home a little zoned out but when the doctor lowered his dose to 5mg we immediately seen improvements at home as well as at school

Comment from: cookie, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 25

My son has been taking this medication for 1 1/5 yrs. now. And it's helped with his ADHD a great deal. The only side effect I have noticed are the tics and occassional body jerks. He is able to eat and sleeps great.

Comment from: Tiffany , 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 09

my son is 9 and is doing very well on the medication.he had been on adderall did not like this medcine at all,he lost 15 pounds first month.

Related Reading: adderall

Comment from: tjlvv, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 01

This medication seems to not last lomg enough to get through dinner and homework. makes child seem like emotional roller coaster never know how child will act from one minute to the nexts. cries very easily.

Comment from: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 31

It has worked for me very well. I am 15 years old, and i have been taking it since I was 13. There is another side effect that is not listed that I believe should be. Muscle spasms. I have them daily, but other than that it has worked for me very well. I believe that it is much less addicting than they say it is. I would advise this for people having trouble with ADHD.

Related Reading: Muscle spasms

Comment from: mom of 2, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 11

I gave this medication to my 7 y.o. because she was diagnoised with ADD and was flunking 2nd graded it started off working fine and she was doing great, we were seeing great improvements, then suddenly she began having horribly mood swings, and became very violent and started talking about suicide. She is now seeing a shrink and no longer taking this medication.

Related Reading: suicide