Focalin User Reviews

Focalin - User Reviews

Focalin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Focalin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: K&K'sMom, 7-12 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 03

My daughter started taking this medication approximately two weeks ago. I have noticed some decrease in appetite however, she seems to be doing much better overall. I will continue to watch her weight because she only weighs 64 lbs and has just turned eleven. In her words, "I can understand the teachers alot better now, mom." I hope to see continued improvement in her behavior.

Comment from: Trying, on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: October 25

The overall effect on my 13 year old son has been moderate but real. He is still the same child but without the extremes. His grades have improved significantly with less occasions of forgetting assignments. I see an increase in his chance for success. The playing field has been evened out for him.

Comment from: J, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 13

Adderall made her a complete zombie. Concerta & Metadate were only effective for a short period of time. Focalin XR has been the Godsend that finally actually worked, producing notificible positive results, without diminishing personality.

Related Reading: Metadate

Comment from: terylane, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 23

This drug has increased my ability to stay focused at work. And has helped me go from 202lbs to 134lbs.

Comment from: Mother of one, 3-6 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 26

My daughter started this rx three weeks ago. I am very blessed because this is her first med and it has worked wonders. She is more focused and is able to complete school work independently. She takes 5mg 2times a day. I do have concerns because when she doesn't take it she is much more hyper than she was before she stared it.

Published: February 11

My 10 year old has been taking Focalin Xr for 3 years now. We had tried strattera and concerta before and neither worked. This has been wonderful for him. His teacher said the difference in his behavior and class work being on vs being off the medication was like night and day.

Related Reading: strattera

Comment from: fcfirecat, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 13

My son has struggled with a mild form of ADHD since 3rd grade. He's now going into 8th grade. After trying numerous drugs over the past several years that had severe side effects and very little good effects, Focalin has been a blessing! His grades have improved tremendously (almost straight A's!) and he is so happy now! He even gets along with his peers and sister (he never had friends before). The only side effect is his lack of appetite which is easily controlled. We are very satisfied!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 12

I am an adult with ADD and started taking Focalin a few weeks ago. It has already been life-changing for me. I am able to work from home for 8-9 hours per day and finish projects I would have never completed before. I wish I would have been diagnosed and treated a long time ago so I could have accomplished more at this point in my life.

Comment from: proud mom, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 09

My 10 year old son was using Adderall which caused him to have unusual ticks such as throat clearing and head twitches, and he was unable to eat. We switched to Focalin about 18 months ago. Focalin does not give him these problems and helps him concentrate much better. The one problem I see is that it quiets him to a point he seems shy and nervouse to people. Focalin has given him the least amount of side effects and his grades are amazing.

Related Reading: ticks