Forteo User Reviews

Forteo - User Reviews

Forteo User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Forteo sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: WindBlown, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 26

This drug has worked great for me. I haven't had any side effects and the injection is painless and simple.

Comment from: plunk, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 25

I have used this product for 18 months with wonderful results. Shots were simple to give and I have had no side effects.

Comment from: Carol, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 29

I took this drug for one year and started having pain down my left arm under my arm pit and my chest. I stpped taking it and the pain stopped. I did have a 24% increase in bone mass in one year except for my wrist, which got worse.

Comment from: BonnieG, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 15

My bone density improved greatly with the use of this product, however, the side effects are horrendous. I am weak, dizzy, sluggish, very tired all the time. I am going to stop taking it.

Comment from: whvh520@dslextreme, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: October 23

Forteo has caused deep caries of the roots of my teeth

Related Reading: Forteo

Comment from: cathy0828, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 18

I have been on Forteo for 16 months and a recent Dexascan showed my density to be the same as when I started. I have received no explantion from Drs why this is. I plan on stopping this shot at the first of the year.

Comment from: beapanow, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 25

Bone density is worse. I would not recommend.

Comment from: Cynthia, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 17

I am 56 years old and experieced menopause produced by hysterectomy at age 30. I found out that I have osteoporosis and have been taking Forteo for almost 5 months now. No symptoms until the beginning of the 3rd month, when muscle and bone pain began occuring in the lower leg, ankle, feet, thighs, and all along the arm, from shoulder down. I am extremely fatigued all the time and feel like I have the flu. Could Forteo be causing this? I don't think there is enough information about side effects out there for us, and at this point I think I'd rather have another broken foot than continue to take a medication that costs me in excess of $800 per month and makes me feel so badly (at least I'm beginning to think it's associated)! Just curious to know if anyone else feels the same. Have you experienced these symptoms - have you discussed them with your doctor and what has the doctor recommended or said? Thanks for sharing ladies!

Related Reading: menopause | osteoporosis | flu

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 11

My doctor insisted that this was the drug for me. I took it for 16 days. Developed SEVERE nausea, indigestion, fatigue, chest pain. No antacid would help. After stopping the injections, began to improve in two or three days. Back to normal self now. Dr. will not believe drug was cause, but I know my body. Would not recommend that anyone take it.

Related Reading: indigestion | fatigue | chest pain

Comment from: Bev, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: August 18

My mother took Forteo for two years for osteoporosis. She also suffered from chronic renal disease. I have been researching Forteo because my mother developed a malignant tumor that wrapped around L4 and L5. By the time it was diagnosed, it was stage 4 and she recently passed away from it. I have read that she should not have taken it because of her renal failure. I am wondering if she should have been monitored more closely for this malignant growth. I am not convinced it is a safe drug. I would like to continue to research this and ascertain that this drug is safe.

Related Reading: tumor

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.