Forteo User Reviews

Forteo - User Reviews

Forteo User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Forteo sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 05

I was taking Forteo injections for 2 years, maximum. After bone density tests the results no change in low bone mass bone mass, same as before injections, but no more fracturing during injections. I got muscle spasms in calfs, and loss of hair! My hair is still not healthy and got very thin, from Forteo. I'm on Fosomax now and just read that not only at risk for jaw loss but now thigh bone fracturing. I'm worried putting Forteo in my body with reports of cancer occuring, and now these reports about Fosomax. Bottom line is I hope we don't hear more cases of cancer caused by using Forteo.

Comment from: stnsdrf2, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 20

iv,e only been on forteo for 6 months, due to poor bone scan numbers and degenertive disc disease. dont know if it,s working or not yet. the scary part is the tumor warnings they tell you about, and your wondering every shot you take if you should be taking them.has anyone else noticed any weight gain taking forteo? i just hope it'll work for me and be safe to take.and everyone else will benifit from it too.

Comment from: Kathleen , 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 16

I have taken Forteo for three months. After years of successful treatment with Actonel, my BD decreased to -3 everywhere. I am now beginning to experience pain in the leg and ankle joints,leg muscle cramps. This is not constant pain. It seems to "roam" my body from time to time. There is now also extreme fatigue and loss of energy overall. At first ,I thought it might be depression [which I have treated for successfully for years],but it feels more like a "slow-to-go away" flu. Have not talked to Doc yet. Will give it a few weeks more to see if it abates. My knees seem to be the primary target most days.

Related Reading: muscle cramps | depression

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 23

I am a 55 year old postmenopausal female. I took Forteo for 27 months until June, 2010. I went from a score of -2.9 to a score of -2.1. Just today my doctor told me how happy he is with the result. I had no noticeable side effects during treatment.

Comment from: Brenda, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 07

I have taken forteo for 4 months. Increased joint and bone pain, loss of hair on my head, hair growth on my face, lump in arm pit, leg cramps, constipated, very very tired. back pain, full feeling in my neck near my thyroid. I have stopped the shot, and will discuss this with my doctor this week. side effects are to much for me to take. Felt better before taking forteo.

Comment from: nisse71, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 12

I have just started this medicine 23 days in, I have had severe muscle cramps and joint pain. I refuse to give up on this and have found that if I can bear it to walk in place helps with the pain. Also I was taking the shot at night and laying down and that is when it hurt the most. Now I take in the morning and walk in place for as long as i can stand the pain due to other back and bone issues not allowed on treadmill can't walk very far but I am getting the weight bearing exercise holding on to a chair and walk.

Comment from: atlgal, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 25

I have been taking Forteo for 16 months. After 9 months my bone scan showed an increase from -3.0 to -2.5, which I think is a great result for such a short period of time. I hate needles, but I think the results are worth it. The only side effects I've experienced are sometimes it bruises or bleeds, but not often.

Related Reading: bruises

Comment from: Angel, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 03

I am a 54 yr old woman who had a hysterectomy at the age of 39 and I am now on Forteo because by BD was-3.7. I am on it 11 mos. For those of you experiencing bone & muscle pain the first 3-5 mos. are the worst. It does get better, my blood work is fine, my calcium levels & vit. D levels are fine - will have another BD test in Oct. and hopefully my levels will raise. It is just unfortunate for some of us that fall into that donut hole, (I am also paying $827.00 a mo.)that something can't be done about the cost of this drug for the 2 years we have to be on it.

Related Reading: muscle pain

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.