Fortical User Reviews

Fortical - User Reviews

Fortical User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Fortical sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Dix, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

I have just started using this medication a few days ago. I notice runny nose, and some crusting, other than that everything seems to be going as of a weeks use.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 14

The combination of doing weight bearing exercises religiously 2-3 times a week, taking at least 1400 mg of calcium that my body absorbed (your body may not absorb all calcium products), and using Fortical reversed bone my loss from osteopenia to normal, as measured by bonescans. Fortical and calcium were not enough.

Related Reading: Fortical | osteopenia

Comment from: 65-74 (Patient) Published: September 14

I have taken Fortical for nearly two years. After the lst year of treatment, I had a bone density test which showed more deterioration in spine and very minor change in other areas. I was switched to a generic (thanks, drug insurance plan) earlier this year--Calcitonin-Salmon. Don't know what effect this change to the generic will have. I am not due for another bone density test until next year. My doctor suggested Reclast, but I have read so many viewers' comments that indicate very severe reactions and pain after getting Reclast that I am reluctant to try it--also the cost is prohibitive.

Related Reading: Reclast

Comment from: mara, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 26

prescribed after a fracture/compression of a thoracic vetrabra in a 48 y/o female post accident

Related Reading: fracture

Comment from: lindy, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 23

After 3 months using this drug, I have severe jaw pain. I used this drug instead of the other bone drugs because jaw necrosis was not listed as a side effect. What is going on?

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 27

I took Fortical 4 times and now experience burning when going to the bathroom. I have quit taking the drug.

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 28

It appears that my bone density results are better after 2 years of using this drug. I had been told I had osteopenia befoere starting use and after 2 years I was told I do not hase osteopenia

Comment from: Doris, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 14

I have been taking this medication for 3 years.I also take another medication for bone health. I have never had a fracture of any kind. I am 81 years old!

Comment from: webmd, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 02

I used Fortical for almost 1 year. started getting nasal sores soon after starting. Had to keep stopping so they could heal. They stopped healing so I discontinued. Now, almost 1 year later I still get the sores.

Comment from: Cindy, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 23

I was diagnosed with osteoporosis at age 35. I had a wonderful Dr. who suggested taking a bone-density scan after I had a foot stress fracture (marathon training) and sporadic periods. Took Fosamax a few years until my GI Dr. said it was affecting my esophagus due to my GERD - acid reflux. Was put on Fortical spray. Now in osteopenia range. Works great. No side effects. I also take calcium supplements and walk alot daily. Tried Boniva one month and had terrible side effects of chest and jaw pain.

Related Reading: osteoporosis | stress | Fosamax

Comment from: Vick, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 23

Easy to use; some minor nose irritation.

Comment from: DonnaAZ, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 12

Precribed for bone loss prior to menopause. It will grow back! After 24 months and 1200mg of calcium daily, 50% of bone loss grew back. Another generic brand, calcitonin spray; the sprayer jams after only 2 weeks of usage.

Related Reading: menopause

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.