Fosamax Plus D User Reviews

Fosamax Plus D - User Reviews

Fosamax Plus D User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Fosamax Plus D sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: carm1940@al.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 30

have experienced bone and muscle pain in my legs, numbing and burning,tightness for one year had all sorts of test done and everything was normal, no one will say that it was the fosamax, after one year it is subsiding

Related Reading: muscle pain | fosamax

Comment from: Pat S., 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 22

Extreme stiffness and pain in hip and spine if sedentary for more than 1 hour. Getting out of bed in the morning was agony. Movement reduces symptoms. No longer taking. Side effects outweighs benefit.

Comment from: mtngirl, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 12

I was recently diagnosed with a fracture of my femur. My dr. says this is a little advertised side effect of taking fosamax for over 5 years!! PLEASE be aware that in some women it can have this effect only in the femur. It is NOT in any Merck literature but in Europe drs. require their patients to stop it after 5 years!! Be advised.

Related Reading: fracture

Comment from: Carrie, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 20

After 3 doses(1x/wk) I had swelling of feet, ankles,lower calf, headache, and joint pain. Stopped RX, all symptoms gone within 1 wk.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: who knows, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 21

Sporadic mild leg pain for about a week after first starting. No further problems with this drug. Causes heartburn if not enough water taken with it though.

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: gram53045@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 18

I tried to take this med twice and both times I experienced vomitting and diarreha both times. I advised my doctor and am waiting to see if I can use another med.

Comment from: ferris, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 01

After using bisphosphonates for 12 yrs. two months ago I have 2 teeth extracted & the pathology report said those areas had osteonecrosis (bone death) plus bacteria. It does not show up in dental x-rays so be sure you have a biological type dentist. Do not take Fosamax is my recommendation.

Comment from: earthangelmay0, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 07

I am still in so much pain I do not think this is doing the job!!I used to take evista and I wasn't hurting as much then

Related Reading: evista

Comment from: Flo, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 16

Good except for jaw problems

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 22

Took this drug twice and experienced nausea, diareaha, and flu like symptoms. Stopped taking it and will continue with calcium supplements and Vitamin D.

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: xavier, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 25

took fosamax D for about 6 yrs. I have some pain in my upper leg area, could be muscle or bone. I have had some gum,lost teeth but maybe condition before fosamax.I had to mention the 5 yr limit to my doctor.Now I am off it but still have leg pain.

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.