Fragmin User Reviews

Fragmin - User Reviews

Fragmin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Fragmin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: tlsugar, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 22

I am 37 years old and at age 33 my mitrol valve ruptured. My valve was replaced with a mechanical st. jude. I have been and will always be on coumadin for the rest of my life except now because I am pregnant. I have switched over to Fragmin injections in place of the coumadin and now take daily injections to insure the safety of my baby. My concern is how the Fragmin is monitored, how the doctors know when to increase or decrease the dose? My doctors here in NJ are not very confident to me. Now I am experiencing some sort of rash reaction and want to know if this is common? This entire process during pregnancy is very scary.

Related Reading: coumadin | Fragmin | rash

Comment from: menagerie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 04

Male UK citizen. 69 years young. Retired. Non-smoker, non-drinker, no drugs, exceptionally healthy outdoor lifestle. Normally very fit (several marathons). On my boat visitng Liverpool when I noticed extreme shortness of breath over 2 days. Woke morning of 3rd day with excessive chest/lung pain on left side. To excellent main hospital. Analgesic for pain then emergency treatment analysed it was pulmonory embolism in both lungs! Immedaitely given Fragmin (LMWH) 18,000IU. Subcutaneous in stomach wall. Pain decreasing within 6 hours. Injection was painful and caused subq bleeding in stomach wall. Analysis and injections continued for 3 more days. [Important note: Do NOT give/take injection in previously used spot! VERY painful (but 5 mins only) and extends subq bleeding.] By morning of 4th day clots were breaking up and pain reduced to low passive level. [Definitely try NOT to cough or sneeze!!] Final injection on 4th day followed by initial low level Warfarin. Effects of that yet to be examined!? Reasons for embolism still a mystery to everyone even after extensive scanning and tests. Possibly due to thrombosis resulting from long car (3-hour) journeys without breaks? Overall efficacy = Excellent/recommend More care with injection recommended. Effects with Warfarin still to be seen?

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: aalex72, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 05

This is the first time that I have taken Fragmin. I have taken Heprin shots back in 2000 when I was pregnant. When I saw my new hemotalogist dr yesterday they stated that I sohuld have never been taken off of stronger antiquaqulants. By God help during the past 8 years I was only taking Low-Dose Aspirin. I am thankful that I did not have any blood clots really effect my life. I have had blood clots in the veins of my left eye back in summer of 2001. I didn't really like the idea of going back on shots or warafin but I am needing to do this form because I am getting ready to have major surgery (Lung Biopsy). After the biopsy I am to go on the pill form warafin. So even if you think you can't do the shots now, in the long run it is well worth it.

Related Reading: Aspirin | blood clots

Comment from: chaosaxiom, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 25

As someone who has had well over 100 DVT's, a multitude of superficial clots, and 8 PE's, with a History of various medications including Coumadin (Warfarin), Heparin, and Lovenox, I am thankful for this Medicine. As with Coumadin I had a gradual progression over 10yrs. until I was taking an average dose of 35mg daily, with certain periods where My dose went as high as 50mg daily. I had a vicious cycle of clotting and bleeding, once having an occluded accute DVT and an elevated 14.9 INR simultaneously. Heparin didn't have the required effect unless via IV and I was allergic to Lovenox, suffering severe hematomas and bleeding at the injection sites, so Fragmin has been a blessing. The 1 downside is the hematomas from the 14,000 unit injections every 12 hours.

Related Reading: Heparin | Lovenox

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 01

I have metastatic cancer and had pulmonary embolism. Started on Fragmin over 2 years ago with no side effects and no further clots. It is easy to use and has worked for me.

Related Reading: cancer | pulmonary embolism

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 23

Fragmin has been very effective in precenting blood clots and strokes. The injection can be painful at times.

Heart Health