Gabitril User Reviews

Gabitril - User Reviews

Gabitril User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Gabitril sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: farran, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 03

My psychiatrst prescribed this drug along with Lexapro. Four tabs twice daily. I felt like getting out of my own skin or jumping out of a window. Obviously, this drug should noy be used to treat depression...

Related Reading: Lexapro | depression

Comment from: ROBIN, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 12

This was prescribed with effexor for depression and alcoholism. GABITRIL CAUSED OCCASIONAL PSYCHOTIC EPISODES OF CONFUSION AND INABILITY TO SPEAK. CAUTION.

Related Reading: effexor | alcoholism | GABITRIL

Comment from: daphne, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 21

My Psychiatrist has me on a very low dose for bipolar symptoms and it has effectively controlled my mood. But I felt like I was on "Speed" at first and had to take it in the morning rather than at night as prescribed. I find it helps me control my weight also. I only take 3 mg per day.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 27

I take Gabitril with several other drugs for chronic major depression. It works great as part of a cocktail with Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Trazadone, and Abilify. It's well worth a try.

Related Reading: Wellbutrin | Abilify

Comment from: nanaw3_, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 30

Taking with Lexapro and Clonopin for PTSD. I hate this drug and wish it were out of my system.My Psychiatrist is getting a mouth full tomorrow.It makes me feel terrible.Tired and anxious all the time. Have feelings of anger and hateful.

Comment from: Happy Feet, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 24

I was first prescribed Gabitril by a Neurologist for nerve pain in my extremities, especially my feet, caused by Fibromyalgia, or more accurately "unknown" etiology. I have tried other meds from time to time, but none of them work as well as the Gabitril does. I had a bad reaction to Neurontin, so my Neurologist switched me to Gabitril approximately 10 years ago, and I now take 12 mg. every twelve hours gratefully.

Related Reading: Fibromyalgia | Neurontin

Comment from: Person in a Fog, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 09

I have suffered with insomnia for years. In the last several months saw a sleep doctor for my disorder. He put me Gabitril 4mg, and then I increased up to 12mg. For the last several months I was taking Trazadone, Ambien, and Gabitril at bedtime for my insomnia. It was a dream come true, was able to sleep though the night, woke up in the morning in a great mood for 3 months. Just in the last month, I have suffered from extreme memory loss, no short term memory, feels like my head is in a cloud, nausea all day long, and tired all the time. I discontinued the Ambien, went from Gabitril 12mg, to 6mg, then to 4mg, and still having the same side effects. Now I discontinued Gabitril all together with hope of getting rid of this medicine head I feel 24 hours/7 days a week. Want to be back to normal and get this medication out of my system.

Related Reading: insomnia | sleep | Ambien

Comment from: Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 24

Presbribed after vehicle accident caused severe whiplash with many odd symptons. Very difficult to sleep. Took 4 MG at night together with Ambien CR and Lyrica. Helped me sleep much better.

Related Reading: whiplash | Ambien CR | Lyrica

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.