Gabitril User Reviews

Gabitril - User Reviews

Gabitril User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Gabitril sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: powelldebra19, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 17

was given for nerve pain in my arm I have MS. I broke out in hives and my whole body turned red and the itching was amost unbareable. Never use this is you are an MS patient and you have nerve pain.

Related Reading: hives | itching

Comment from: Dad, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 21

Excellent I take at day break and at night. I take 750 mg in the am and 750 mg at night. It controls my explosive nature, and allows me to concentrate. Its not perfect but with out GABA "over the counter", at times I'm a basket case. Cheers

Comment from: Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 24

Took this medicine a few years ago for about 2 months. Took the prescribed dosage. Made me very irritable and confused - which was the complete opposite of what I and my doctor were expecting. It still bothers me when I think of its effects on me.

Comment from: kat, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 17

Within a couple of days of starting this medication for psychiatric reasons I started to talk to walls, made absolutely no sense when talking to people because I would say really odd things, wondered aimlessly talking to nothing. Then lost all my coordination and eventually couldn't talk or walk. This all happened in a matter of days.

Comment from: Bill'sMD, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 25

Experience has only been one week. But, after several days of use, I became sleepy; a few more days & I became very sleepy and an occasional use of the drug Providgal did not help keeping me awake. -and really no additional relief for my problem - "Peripheral Neuropathy".

Related Reading: Peripheral Neuropathy

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 05

I have been on 3mg per day for 4 months, and at first my PTSD was helped. But in the past month, I've had HORRIBLE weird feelings, shortness of breath, out-of-body sensations. I will never take this drug again! It did give me decreased hunger, but that just made me even more weak and the side-effects were more potent.

Comment from: I have had epilepsy for 38 years, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 22

I had taken Gabitril for at least two or three years, and after over a decade of being seizure-free (I have grand mal and petit mal seizures) I had, first one seizure, then a year and a half later, another bad one, then from then on it was really downhill. After changing neurologists to one who was an epilepsy specialist, I was taken off Gabitril, and learned that it can make generalized seizures worse--the kind of seizures I have. I was fortunate that my doctor was a specialist.

Related Reading: seizure

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 04

This was prescribed to me for stress and anxiety disorder. It has helped tremendously. From where I was to where I am is quite "calming" due to this medicine.

Related Reading: stress | anxiety

Comment from: richremo@aol.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 14

I am using this drug to control my partial seizures - still have a breakthrough seizure every few months

Comment from: rresconsin, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 11

I started taking Gabitril about 1month ago. I started taking 4mg twice a day for 14 days. I increases to 2 pills twice a day. My hands started too shake, leg cramps and trouble talking. I was losing my train of thought. I had neck surgery, from C-2 to T-2 all was fused. This is the worse drug I've taking. And I've taking a lot of drugs for pain.

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.