Gammagard User Reviews

Gammagard - User Reviews

Gammagard User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Gammagard sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Wendy, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 26

I was diagnosed with diffuse scleroderma 8/09 & had sudden onset of acute myositis 10/19/09..couldn't walk, breathe, swallow, stay awake, extreme muscle pain, barely whisper, high CPK's. Almost intubated. After many tests & diagnosed with myositis the DRs started me on 5 day course of Gammagard. Felt better after day 1 & able to walk, swallow, talk & breathe better. Just finished day 4 & only have slight balance problems, SOB with exertion only, & minimal pain. My mobility & joint pain from the scleroderma has improved 75%! The only problems I've had with the treatment were slight flushing & RUQ pain the 1st day. It's amazing!

Related Reading: scleroderma | muscle pain | Gammagard

Comment from: Wendy 1651, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 14

I must stay overnight in the hospital one day every 3-4 weeks for IVIG (gammaguard) infusions. This treatment along with a daily dose of 500mg. of the antibiotic zithromax has greatly reduced the amount of infections I have been getting.

Related Reading: zithromax

Comment from: DTALLEY2, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 06

I have side effects. I have flu like symptoms, fatigue, and sometimes, when the nurse increases the gammaguard, I have reactions such as nausea, breaking out, shortness of breath and blood pressure dropping.

Related Reading: flu | fatigue

Comment from: 45-54 (Patient) Published: June 20

Very little side effects with this medication, and noticeable difference in my health and how I felt after just two monthly treatments.

Comment from: sghouse, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 28

The first time I had to have this treatment I had to go to the Cancer Treatment Center outpatient for 5 consecutive days. I just had another treatment but they had a home nurse come to my house for 5 consceutive days. I had the option of going into the hospital but with SLE I don't like the risk of going to the hospital and getting an infection. I really have felt much better with this treatment and with the ease of being at home makes it less stressful on everyone.

Related Reading: Cancer