Gemzar User Reviews

Gemzar - User Reviews

Gemzar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Gemzar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Warren Hanson, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 30

I am a recovering patient who experienced sporadic nausea, vomiting and lethargy while on gemzar (from Sep 03 - Feb 04).

Related Reading: gemzar

Comment from: Mt Olive BC, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 24

Have been on Gemzar for 1 year; tumor has shrunk and remained stable. Have has no nausea or side effects except for occassional low white or red blood counts. I get one shot and am ready to go next time. I take G. for 3 weeks on & 1 week off. Get a CT scan every 3 months; also my CA19-9 level has came way down and I feel so much better than before starting chemo. Have even gained back my weight but appetite is good so I'm not ready to diet yet. Tumor was too close to celiac artery for surgery so don't know what's down the road as far as surgery goes. Energy level isn't quite as high as it used to be but it's pretty good. I give all the glory to God and the prayers on my behalf, that Gemzar has given me another year of life. My oncologist thought I was dying a year ago, but he's very caring and knowledgeable.

Related Reading: tumor

Comment from: CHEECH105, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 09

I feel great...lost much hair, little nausea, but it is a small price to pay for the drug that I bekieive is keeping me alive. I have been getting temporary severe body itch one day after GEMZAR or the anti nausea med....anyone else with this reaction please e mail me CAPT6862@AOL.COM

Comment from: david, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 07

I've been on Gemsar for about 3 months receiving is through intervenious once a week. Several times I had to skip the treatment in view of low blood counts and platlets. Had to go for transfusions and then the procedure could be done. N0 other side affects,except dirrehea,poor appetite, and cramps. I hope it all works out for me.

Comment from: Bear, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 07

fabulous results with tumors Serious lung an kidney sideeffects

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 27

The GemZar and Carbo are producing dramatic reduction results. The breast cancer had spread to my liver.

Related Reading: breast | cancer | liver

Comment from: jackieg2, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 09

Developed Aplastic Anemia, drug has 90% kill rate for tumors and it works! Procrit helps with severe fatigue, weight loss and low blood count. Vision is always fuzzy and off. serious lung issues, easily catch pneumonia.light exercise and deep breathing helps. Always floss and brush ur teeth, hard on ur enamel. No dental work during trmt. Eat well.

Related Reading: Anemia | Procrit | fatigue

Comment from: amydoyle, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 23

Ihave only had 3 treatments, the first caused pneomonia,resperatory failure, 4 week coma.the next 2 caused shortness of breath,103 temp and chills. My oncolgist thinks this is unrelated.Any help would be great

Related Reading: coma

Comment from: guidepost, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 06

my husband has been taking this for 3 months and his last ct scan showed a decease in size of the tumor. He does not get any side effects and is tolerating it very well so far. He has been on several chemo drugs and I hope this will get the cancer under control.

Cancer