Gemzar User Reviews

Gemzar - User Reviews

Gemzar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Gemzar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mtridley, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 31

Working well with me. No problems so far. Overall I am satisfied with this medicine

Comment from: Gloria, 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 12

I have had Non-Hodgkins's Lymphoma for six years and have relapsed three times during this time. Gemzar was started in April, 2008 to treat the recurring NHL which was very aggressive. I have had three CAT Scans during this time and the NHL has significantly impproved. I have had low blood counts though during all these months and treatment. I have fatigue which bothers me the most, probably because of my low blood counts. I have another CT Scan scheduled tomorrow - 11/12/08 and hope I am in remission again and can stop the chemo. I also get Retuxan once a month along with the Gemzar

Comment from: lora, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 24

I think my mother is alergic to this drug. tumor got smaller but still has high activity. After treatments she has very bad sob, weak, panic from no air.Has taken antibiotics and prednizone for the breathing to no avail so I think she is reacting to the gemzar in a negative manner.

Comment from: Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 11

I have experienced severe swelling of the knees and sometimes ankles, two days after treatment, lasting about three days. Very dibilitating and can,t walk. Does anyone else experirence this. I do have gout but uloric keeps it under control except when I receive treatment.

Related Reading: gout | uloric

Comment from: debs, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 12

very difficult course.. pneumonia 3 times..hospitalized with renal failure once.. fevers with each treatment up to 103..finally decreased dose by 20% and seems to be better with reactions..tumor was removed by surgery but still recommened chemo for 6 months

Related Reading: pneumonia

Comment from: mom2cozmoe, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 25

Have been fighting Ovarian Cancer for 3 years. Have lymph node involvement since 2010. Flare up after only 2 months post 6 infusions of carboplatin/taxol. Only had two treatments in 2 months because of the neutrapenia. This is my third round of chemo and all three have cause different side effects. Hoping this works but the nausea all the time is almost too much. Have lost 20 pounds since August 1st. The doctor says I may be on Gemzar for the rest of my life.

Related Reading: Ovarian Cancer | taxol

Comment from: majjers, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 24

Gemzar/Carbo combination for 3Neg Br Ca mets to lungs. Worked great but too hard on my platelets. Took a 3 month break, have progression but can't go back onto this regimen. Tolerated it very well, no problems other than the platelet count. No Neulasta shots given.

Related Reading: Neulasta

Comment from: Pitter Pat, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 29

I've only had 2 doses so far. The first time I experienced severe headache and nausea related to the head pain. I was not given anything to boost my white cell production, so they could see how I would react. My white cell count dropped so low that I was hospitalized for 3 days. It took 4 weeks for my neutrophil absolute count to get above 1.5 to be able to get the 2nd dose. The 2 dose was given with a Neulasta injection immediately following the infusion. I started with a headache within 24 hour. The pain included my eyes, bones of my face, my head and neck, A nurse on my care team told me it sounds like a migraine. It lasted, non stop for 5 days. Today I am pain and symptom free. It is 6 days since my treatment. It is too soon to know if it is working or if these symptoms will continue. I intend to try it for 3 months before deciding if it is worth the pain. My plan of treatment is to receive Gemzar every other week, since I reacted too severely to receive it 3 weeks in a row, then one week off as originally planned.

Related Reading: headache | migraine

Comment from: franklane48@gmail.com, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 17

no sex drive,tired,sort of depressed

Cancer