Gentak User Reviews

Gentak - User Reviews

Gentak User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Gentak sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Fire in the eye, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 02

I was prescribed this medicine for a stye in one eye. I stopped wearing my contacts and all makeup for this treatment. My eyes by the 3rd day looked like slits, like they were closing up. On the 4th day, it felt like fire touched my eyes when I put the ointment on and my eyes have been irritated and burning even though I stopped using the medicine...today is day 6 and my eyes are not any better and the stye looks the same as it did when I went to the doctor. I didn't have a good outcome with this medicine and will never take it again. Back to the doctor tomorrow to see if he can make my eyes stop burning. Saline solution burned them so badly that I will not do that again until he sees me.

Comment from: Linda, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 20

I had a stye in my eye. After applying warm compresses to the eye and then using Gentak my eye got 10 times worst. Extremely inflamed and almost shut the eye.

Related Reading: Gentak

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 19

I had severe inflammation of the eye further to sawdust entering my eye. The Gentak ointment worked great to reduce the inflammation and associated pain. It should be noted that the ointment was most useful to me because I had my eye taped shut - it is very difficult to see out of the eye after application; if you require to the use of the eye in the short term then drops would likely work better. The ointment has the additional benefits of providing additional lubrication and helps to flush the eye of any debris.

Published: April 04

Went to the doctor, my eye was starting to get swollen and it hurt a little when i blinked. He said nothing was wrong, to take this gentamicin sulfate and applyu heat to my eye. the next morning I woke up with a shut and swollen eye. It was so bad that my eye brow was doing the quizzical raise. I'm not sure if it would be any better than airplane glue.

Comment from: Beavis, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 15

I had an ear infection for over a year. The Doc tried several oral courses of anti-biotics finaly tried these drops, 4 drops twice a day for a week infection was gone.

Related Reading: ear infection

Comment from: Doreen, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 11

Although fairly easy to use, this stuff did not work for me.

Comment from: tjarmbruster, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 28

Had an allergic reaction to the medication

Comment from: VelvetyOne, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 16

Went to Dr. because eye was extremely itchy on the edges. No pink eye, but was apparently an infection. Got this medication and prescribed to use 3 x a day, for 3 days. I'm on day 3 and nothing has gotten better - no relief at all.

Related Reading: pink eye

Comment from: Indite_this, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 08

I had a horrible stye on my left upper eyelid. It turned into a white head after applying a warm compress. I got this stuff for prescription and put it on and after 30 minutes it bursted on its own. This stuff works for me!

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 28

Gentak was prescribed by my doctor to treat a stye. After 2 days of use, both of my eyes swelled shut and the eyelids had horrible blisters. The medicine in the eye that didn't have the stye caused eye blisters and ulcers. This medicine is terrible!

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.