Geodon User Reviews

Geodon - User Reviews

Geodon User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Geodon sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 12

DO NOT take this medication. I was just in the hospital last week because of it. I had very serious side effects, I couldnt move my face, I couldnt control my tongue, my jaw locked up, I had trouble breathing... Worst medication I have ever been on

Comment from: kford1414, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 03

I started with 80mg. a day. Did have some side effects ei.(restless leds and jitters).Now I drink more O.J. for my legs, that has helped so much, I don't have the restless legs anymore.I also take 2mg. xanax to take the jitters aways..Now my Dr. put me up too 40 mg. in the am. and 80mg. at nite....I've been sleeping better and I've had no side effects with the dose increase. I feel like I did in my 20's...I have lots of energy...But not like I took a hit of speed...Calm and cool energy. My temper has been more calm...I don't freak out....I'm more calm, cool and collected.I don't cry at a drop of a hat, anymore.I have high hope for this med. I now I have my life back for myself and my family...I wrote description when I first took this med.This is a up-date.If you change a small part of your diet and add some exercise ( I have with a little walking and drinking more o.j.)You might have this med. work really well for you...Also cut out the drinking, in large amounts, makes you act like a fool......So now I don't drink...If I do in the furture it will be one drink. Here's to great metal health. :)

Related Reading: xanax

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 22

It took me about 3 intense weeks to get used to it. Ihad all the major side effects from severe migraines,hot flashes,racing heart rate to even a numbness on the left side of my head.I almost gave up,but I'm glad I didn't. I have a new lease on life. I have more energy,I can get through the day without feeling worn out from manic episodes, my depression is gone, and I don't live in my own little fantasy world anymore. I quit taking seroquel so I could start geodon and now I'm losing all the weight I gained while on seroquel. I take this medicine(120mg)in conjunction with lamictal and zoloft. My only continuing side effect is a slight tremor in my left hand.

Related Reading: hot flashes | depression | seroquel

Comment from: Bill, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 18

No weight gain, no sexual side effects. Its actually working. I use this in conjunction with Lamictal. Hope it lasts.

Related Reading: sexual

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 17

I have been on geodon for the past few years. I started out at 80 mg at night and was bumped up to 160 mg at night about six months ago due to a severe depressive episode. Since then I have gained 60 lbs - about 10 lbs a month. My cholesterol is also very high. I have had withdrawal side effects a couple hours before my dose is due. Have developed weird finger movements and a constant sense of restlessness. Have also experienced leg pain. Finally convinced my psychiatrist that geodon does indeed cause weight gain for some. I'm in the process of weaning off now. Am down to 120 mg a day. Going to see how low I can go and still be stable. Have tried other drugs but geodon works the best for my mood. I just can't take weighing 245 lbs.

Related Reading: cholesterol

Comment from: harley gurl, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 20

OK, THIS HAS PULLED ME OUT OF A FUNK LIKE YOU WOULDNT BELIEVE, NO MORE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS. NO MORE CRAZY DREAMS, I EVEN ANSWER THE DOOR NOW. HOW ABOUT THAT? EVERYONE THAT KNOWS ME SAYS I WILL RACE THEM TO HEAVEN AND WIN!!! THANK YOU GOD FOR GIVING ME MY MIRACLE DRUG!!

Comment from: countryboyj, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 08

this drug has not help me at all after 2 years of use. It helped at first, but after a few months it stoped working.The doctor would just up the dose. I started at 40mg in 2 years I went from 40mg to 160mg. It still did not work now my doctor is tring to give me 240mg and the max dose recomended by the fcc is 160mg any more can be lethal. so in closing I am very disapointed with this medication.

Comment from: aeliza2008, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 26

I had blood tests which resulted in an extremely high white blood count (my doctor had to rule out leukemia), it made gave me hypothyroidism, low magnesium (a necessity for nerve, muscle, and many more important functions in our body), a low blood glucose level of 50! ( out of 100). Over two time the level of triglycerides appropriate for the body to be healthy. I could go on and on. I flushed the geodon out of my system for 7 days, had the blood tests repeated, and the results came back with everthing normal. I will never let another doctor talk me into taking geodon again...ever. My doctor told me that if this was not caught as soon as I asked for blood tests...I had a pretty good chance of forming leukemia (white blood cell counts above 30,000). Please be careful with this drug. It is so new and there really needs to be more information available to potential patients.

Related Reading: leukemia | hypothyroidism