Gilenya User Reviews

Gilenya - User Reviews

Gilenya User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Gilenya sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 17

I started Gilenya in Feb, 2011 after failing all the injectable MS meds. I was diagnosed in 2007, and initially, I felt the best I had felt in 4 years! In May, I hiked over 2 miles up a steep mountain, and felt like my life was finally going to be back to normal. Then, in July, I started the worst relapse ever. I am still not back to my baseline and I fear the Gilenya may not be working. My eyes are definitely more light sensitive and actually hurt sometimes. I have gained almost a pound a month, despite a very disciplined diet. I am likely going to stop this med if I don't start feeling better soon and stop gaining weight!!

Comment from: Len, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 19

I was diagnosed in March of 2009. I have moderate to severe problems with mobility. I use a cane or crutch to assist with balance and weakness. There are also mild issues with eyesight and muscle weakness. I used Copaxone for 15 months with no changes to my symptoms positively or negatively(no progression!) I have been taking Gilenya for three weeks with no side effects. If all this drug does for me is delay progression, therby maintaining my current quality of life, I will consider it successful. I have MS, it doesn't have me. Good luck to all of you.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 02

This medication was the last medication left to try for me. I've been on all of the other therapy medication's. By far Gilenya has made a difference. I no longer have to give myself shots. That means no more bruies!!!! I am very satisfied with the outcome of this medication.

Comment from: kmikky, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 04

I started Gilenya in January. It took a long time to figure out what to go on since I was on Tysabri..taking it every two months and it worked great. I talked to 2 of the best neurologists in my state and boh agreed for me it would work. I have been on it since and have had no relapse like my doctor said I might from switching drugs. I am very happy with the results, and the side effects are minimal. Many are concerned about the first dosage, but when I went I brought someone who would keep my mind off of it and they said my heart rate was one of the best they've seen. In my opinion it is a stressful time, but in my opinion do what you can to take you rmind off of it and it will probably go better than you think. But overall I am very happy with the drug, and the fact that it is a pill makes me remember to take my vitamins as well:-)

Related Reading: vitamins

Comment from: Topeka37, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 15

I just turned 50, and after discovering my MS over 15 years ago, am doing better than ever. All I wanted after my diagnosis (aside from them being wrong about it), was a pill form of treatment rather than the injections. Don't know if any of these medications are actually doing anything, of if it's coincidence, but my last MRI showed NO NEW LEISIONS and some may have been smaller. I'm all for it. NO side affects at all. Thanks Dr. B, for allowing me the chance to try it.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 06

I've been on Gilenya for 1 year this week and have had no new symptoms or side effects AT ALL. I've been extremely pleased. I was diagnosed 5 years ago and have done Beta Serone and Copaxone both with a lot of side effects. No more shots! I will continue on as long as there's no future complications with the med.

Comment from: hop a long, 45-54 (Patient) Published: January 22

I been on it for over a year and have had no side effects! I also had an increased libido, great side effect. I am feeling stronger, faster, and much more energy. Great drug.

Comment from: Karen, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 10

It might be too soon to tell as I have only been on this med for 3 weeks, but over all it seems to be effective and no more shots!!! My scar tissue had really piled up and this is so much better. A few minor sinus/throat irritations but so-far so-good! Thanks to whomever founded this new med!

Comment from: NDTabb, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 20

Appreciate the ease after years of unpleasant injection site reactions. *However* the constant bronchitis and minor infections are making me start to consider returning to Betaseron. I hated the shots but hate being constantly sick more.

Related Reading: Betaseron