Glucophage, Glucophage XR User Reviews

Glucophage, Glucophage XR - User Reviews

Glucophage, Glucophage XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Glucophage, Glucophage XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: PCO , 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 18

I take this for polycystic ovarian syndrome. It literally changed my life for the better in so many ways. Dealing with stomach upset is most definitely an issue but this is totally outweighed by the positive health effects.

Related Reading: polycystic ovarian syndrome

Comment from: Kaleb, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 11

For years I've had problems with irregular cycles and weight gain not knowing this was a actual disorder. I was diagnosed with pcos in July of this year. My doctor prescribed me Metformin 500mg to take 2x a day for the 1st month and then 3x day the 2nd month. I admit I was nervous from reading some of the bad reviews. Well, this is my second month and I really can tell this drug is working. Most of all it has regulated my cycles and it has helped me to lose some weight as well. I now have more energy than before and also it has helped with acne and facial hair due to having pcos. The only downside or side effect I have is sometimes I have stomach aches accompanied by diarrhea when eating greasy foods. I was told by a nurse the use of Immodium helps while taking this drug when upset stomach and diarrhea occurs which has helped me. So far I haven't had any other complaints or problems with this drug. I plan to contine using this drug and hopefully it will help my infertility issues caused by pcos so I can become a proud mother someday...

Related Reading: acne | diarrhea | infertility

Comment from: crazy, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 04

Works as long as you follow diet and taken as directed same time every day

Comment from: preggers, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 12

I was first given this medication to help my husband and I concieve. We were unable due to my polycystic ovary syndrome. It took a month to regulate my periods, and I was pregnant in the second month after a year of trying. I now take glucophage to keep my periods regular.

Related Reading: glucophage

Comment from: Anonymous, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 18

Since my former prescription of this medication, I suffered from too many negative side effects to list. I strongly urge people NOT to take this medication and to research ALL drugs thoroughly before use. I ended up hospitalized from both lack of control of my blood sugar from this medication, as well as severe chemical imbalance and dehydration due to it's use. I recommend the book, "Bad Pills, Good Pills" 2007 and internet research for more information against this dangerous medication.

Related Reading: dehydration

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 23

Haven't had a normal period after beginning this med. I also sweat like crazy, & tired all of the time. Anyone else with same problem?

Comment from: Sena929, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 01

I have been on it since Febuary of this year for Poly cystic ovarie syndrom. At first it was really rough. I had severe diarrhea, and mood swings. Now I have a period every month and my cravings for sweets has drastically reduced. My mood swings are gone, my acne is going away and I have lost about 10 pounds so far. This medication has worked very goo for me.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 12

Just diagnosed in July 09. Taking 1000/mg day. 2hr numbers are way down. People need to realize that weight loss has a huge effect on managing #s. Lost 20lbs in first month. its not just about taking the medication. you need to be pro-active. This medication along with lifestyle change has been very effective for me.

Comment from: Tanveer Ahmad, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 23

I would recommend at least 30 minutes brisk walk (4 times a week)and strict calorie intake monitoring before desirable results can be achieved. Also, I find that morning fasting glucose levels are not effectively controlled.